IPTV vs Motorised

channelking

Evening Guys

Been away for a long time due to illness so only now getting back up to date on everything.

With sly UK dead near enough and cable C/S left seems the only alternatives are IPTV and motorised.

Now read different posts and threads seems there are pros and cons for both.

But in your opinion guys which of the both are better long term and cost effective?

I know most have jumped on the IPTV and motorised bandwagon since sly UK went dark but I am not in a big hurry.

The cost of both setups are really off putting where you struggling financially.

So in a dilemma as no idea what to do.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

IPTV for me is a no go, my speeds arent up to it,
motorised was a consideration, but again that ended up not being possible for me either,
so, I got a slightly bigger dish and put extra LNBs on it to get 13e 19e and 28e satellites.
I've watched IPTV at a few friends houses, and tbh, it was almost like watching old analogue TV to me, with added freezing, but, YMMV , a lot depends on the server tbh, right now, I wouldnt even consider it going on my own personal experiences from seeing other peoples.

Ye STE more the better lol.

Your opinions really has helped me understand motorised to some extent despite still being very complex.

Thanks mate.

@steptoe

If your speeds are good and you get a good IPTV provider would it be worth it?

So if you have multiple LNBs on a bigger fish you can get more sats. Would motorised still be a better option or not?

Its a tricky one tbh.

@steptoe

If your speeds are good and you get a good IPTV provider would it be worth it?

So if you have multiple LNBs on a bigger fish you can get more sats. Would motorised still be a better option or not?

Its a tricky one tbh.

atm I wouldnt consider IPTV going on what I have seen of other peoples,
as for price, to buy a decent iptv box and get a sub, would probably work out more expensive than going motorised and getting a Euro sub,
my set up probably cost more than a motorised dish, but, as I said, for various reasons motorised wasnt suitable for my install, I have more than one receiver, motorised is really only suitable for one receiver, imo.
if I could have gone motorised, then thats most certainly the path I would have taken.

It depends what you are interested in watching. I recently, put up a motorised dish just me and the missus. It took a whole day to get up and another few days to tune. But I will say it is worth it after trying IPTV. Cost wise I will say in the long run it is cheaper for the channels I am intrested in. What channels are you interested in?

That's what I was thinking longer haul iptv box a good one and a good sub will be more expensive that motorised.

Saying that though I know I would not be able to install motorised myself simply due to its complexities. So to get an installer will probably make the cost more expensive.

@mk_engineer, what channels can you get mate. As I have done research on this last year so might be a bit out of touch lol but from what I remember I read and was told by numerous people it's all dependant to dish soze, weather, location what channels you can get and what satellites you can get.

So how would I know what satellites and channels I can get before hand?

I mainly would want HD channels in English like entertainment, sports and ppv. Again I have been told you would need Euro server and Biss/tandberg keys with the latter seeming very complex.

Any installer in central England lol ?

That's what I was thinking longer haul iptv box a good one and a good sub will be more expensive that motorised.

Saying that though I know I would not be able to install motorised myself simply due to its complexities. So to get an installer will probably make the cost more expensive.

@mk_engineer, what channels can you get mate. As I have done research on this last year so might be a bit out of touch lol but from what I remember I read and was told by numerous people it's all dependant to dish soze, weather, location what channels you can get and what satellites you can get.

So how would I know what satellites and channels I can get before hand?

I mainly would want HD channels in English like entertainment, sports and ppv. Again I have been told you would need Euro server and Biss/tandberg keys with the latter seeming very complex.

Any installer in central England lol ?

you might be better getting a subscription to SlY or ViRMiN

Why?
They are thiefs. Last place would go to.
So what channels can you get?
Can't you get HD English channels?

not in general,
they are European satellites, so why would they be transmitting English channels to [for instance ] , Spain or Italy?
you can get a load of channels that are in English but the schedules are usually different,
for instance, I watch a lot of Eurosport HD , in English, but, its a totally different schedule to British Eurosport,

Aright so all these foreign sats through motorised do have broadcast with audio tracks in English but vast majority is in a foreign language?

Didn't realise that thought there were multiple audio tracks for the broadcasts

Aright so all these foreign sats through motorised do have broadcast with audio tracks in English but vast majority is in a foreign language?

Didn't realise that thought there were multiple audio tracks for the broadcasts

does 28.2e have foreign language audio.?
the only channels that have English audio are the ones that are native English,
there are a lot btw,
most movies are native English, as are a lot of sports
3PM KOs are not available in English afaiaa

Thanks for explaining that.

Its my mistake I guess I was expecting more English channels when common sense tells you motorised simply want have majority English audio.

There are thousands of English channels. Most of these channels carry the original audio. They also carry the dubbed language for the foreign viewers. Live sports such as football if not English commentary, simply sync up to the radio commentary. If you're unsure about a full motorised system you could always add another lnb to a sky minidish for 19e. There are loads of English channels on movistar and sky deutschland. Where are you located? I'm central....

@gilvey ye have read numerous people have multiple lnbs on mini dish and a slightly bigger dish (didn't think possible with the former). But with multi lnb setup I assume you get only couple of sats with this setup. It obviously is a full motorised setup but you can get some foreign sats. Is 19e the only sat you can get? In central as well mate.

@mk_engineer which box and how big dish would you need for 3pm English commentary?

@mk_engineer which box and how big dish would you need for 3pm English commentary?

I've already told you, a box capable of using T*ndberg keys and dish size is dependent on location / weather - the bigger the better but i'm assuming the dish needs to be on the front of your house and if so, you're limited.

Back