IPTV vs Motorised

@gilvey ye have read numerous people have multiple lnbs on mini dish and a slightly bigger dish (didn't think possible with the former). But with multi lnb setup I assume you get only couple of sats with this setup. It obviously is a full motorised setup but you can get some foreign sats. Is 19e the only sat you can get? In central as well mate.

@mk_engineer which box and how big dish would you need for 3pm English commentary?
I get 13 19 and 28 with a 65cm dish, NW England

@gilvey ye have read numerous people have multiple lnbs on mini dish and a slightly bigger dish (didn't think possible with the former). But with multi lnb setup I assume you get only couple of sats with this setup. It obviously is a full motorised setup but you can get some foreign sats. Is 19e the only sat you can get? In central as well mate.

@mk_engineer which box and how big dish would you need for 3pm English commentary?
I have a 1m motorised, but still use the mini dish with another lnb 28.2 and 19e without having to move the dish. I have added diseqc switches and feed these to 2 rooms. This is great for when we want to record stuff off 28.2 or 19e and want to watch stuff off other sats or off the same birds. I've posted pics before of the minidish with 2 lnbs on. Cheap option to see if you like it before going the full hog.

Attachments

• received_10155066872893897.jpeg
    received_10155066872893897.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 110
Seems very technical and advanced me to actually setup motorised mate. Like dont know what you mean diseqc switches lol.

Thats why was leaning towards IPTV in the future as seems less hassle to setup and less stress which I really cant take.

I get most who have motorised probably have setup motorised themselves but I know I could not do this myself.

Seems very technical and advanced me to actually setup motorised mate. Like dont know what you mean diseqc switches lol.

Thats why was leaning towards IPTV in the future as seems less hassle to setup and less stress which I really cant take.

I get most who have motorised probably have setup motorised themselves but I know I could not do this myself.

could you set up IPTV yourself? doubtful tbh going by what you are saying,
involves putting scripts on your box etc,
if you can put up a normal dish, then you could do motorised just the same, it only requires a bit more attention to detail, but you should be applying that same detail to a normal dish anyway.
I've done my multi LNB set up quite easily [considering] and have 13 and 19 spot on, its 28 I'm fkn about with as it has such a strong signal I'm having to search for weak TPs to fine tune it.
the 28 LNB finds channels over a 2" movement on a 65cm dish.! :grimacing:
I think Ive finally cracked it, simply by when I get a channel that pixellates I move the LNB slightly, then back check it against the last weak TP I found
for interest, the 3 weakest Ive found so far are, ITV [various regions, but not all of them] , BT sports , Keep it Country [music]

EDIT : btw, before I decided to go multi LNB on a single dish I had no idea what Diseqc was , or any of the other stuff, its not hard to pick it up, really.

I went with IPTV and have found it faultless so far. Ive got fibre optic and at a decent price for all the channels you get. No complaints from me at all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

could you set up IPTV yourself? doubtful tbh going by what you are saying,
involves putting scripts on your box etc,
if you can put up a normal dish, then you could do motorised just the same, it only requires a bit more attention to detail, but you should be applying that same detail to a normal dish anyway.
I've done my multi LNB set up quite easily [considering] and have 13 and 19 spot on, its 28 I'm fkn about with as it has such a strong signal I'm having to search for weak TPs to fine tune it.
the 28 LNB finds channels over a 2" movement on a 65cm dish.! :grimacing:
I think Ive finally cracked it, simply by when I get a channel that pixellates I move the LNB slightly, then back check it against the last weak TP I found
for interest, the 3 weakest Ive found so far are, ITV [various regions, but not all of them] , BT sports , Keep it Country [music]

EDIT : btw, before I decided to go multi LNB on a single dish I had no idea what Diseqc was , or any of the other stuff, its not hard to pick it up, really.

You saying IPTV is next level to setup then? So its not simply to setup in any box?

Never setup normal dish so yes motorised and multi lnb will not be possible.

Its not advanced and technical even doing research on it.

Aint got the money to burn to pay an installer either.

You saying IPTV is next level to setup then? So its not simply to setup in any box?

Never setup normal dish so yes motorised and multi lnb will not be possible.

Its not advanced and technical even doing research on it.

Aint got the money to burn to pay an installer either.

I have no idea what this means.

What are the different ways/methods of getting IPTV on boxes?

As read there are numerous ways such as pin and entering login details.

Thats my dyslexia kicking in. Sorry steptoe.

What are the different ways/methods of getting IPTV on boxes?

As read there are numerous ways such as pin and entering login details.

Thats my dyslexia kicking in. Sorry steptoe.
no worries,
IPTV, I have no idea about, my internet speeds wouldnt really be up to it,
and from what Ive seen of other peoples boxes its not great quality, YMMV

There is one provider elsewhere, cant mention for obvious reasons and he is considered the best IPTV provider with amazing quality.

But cost is too high just like motorised and fixed multi lnb setup.

IS it true there are major freezing/buffering issues with IPTV with VM? Wouldnt surprise me VM purprosely affecting customers who use IPTV?

I having major problems casting with streaming apps to TV so that means VM problem.

But they wont fix it.

Will VPN and third party router solve the issues people are having with IPTV on normal router?

It isnt if you are not working lol mate.
a decent IPTV sub will cost you about the same as a motorised set up would if you install it yourself,
and you get more bang for your buck, and are not dependant on your stream going down, your server being blocked, your provider doing a runner, etc etc etc,
and once installed your yearly subs are a LOT less :)

a decent IPTV sub will cost you about the same as a motorised set up would if you install it yourself,
and you get more bang for your buck, and are not dependant on your stream going down, your server being blocked, your provider doing a runner, etc etc etc,
and once installed your yearly subs are a LOT less :)

I get what your saying mate. IPTV seems more popular and less headache lol.

Problem is I cant install a motorised setup myself. Looked at prices of installation and its insane.

No doubt you get much more channels with motorised but who will watch that much tbh.

Also dont you get most things to Tandberg and Biss keys with motorised?

One thing I did want to know is those who have IPTV and have VM how are the streams at peak time are you blocked and is there major buffering issues?

I get what your saying mate. IPTV seems more popular and less headache lol.

Problem is I cant install a motorised setup myself. Looked at prices of installation and its insane.

No doubt you get much more channels with motorised but who will watch that much tbh.

Also dont you get most things to Tandberg and Biss keys with motorised?

first up, I dont yet have my motorised set-up yet,
but, if I wanted to I get a LOT of 3pm kick-offs,
I get LOADS of films in English
I get ALL the motoGP in proper HD
I get ALL the WSB in HD with English commentary , Eurospoort 1 & 2 in HD English
NC+ % Polsat on 13 , M.F-bol and loads of other Movistar channels on 19e
I was really surprised at just how much I got with only 3 satellites and a eurosub, and no tandberg oir BISS keys in sight

Back