IPTV Woes

Sami29

After weeks of trying various test lines, I finally paid for a full sub to a provider whose channels were better than others and 95% of the times worked freeze free. Sadly, the line I got after payment is completely different from the test line (interface, groups, channels etc.) and it freezes more than the Himalayan snow cap. Switching channels has become a game of luck now between my wife and I, even for basic channels. I have asked for a refund but I know I am aiming for the inevitable. I may be better off asking for a couple of weeks of sunshine in the UK!

I did some search on this forum and realize that most members asking for reliable sub are ushered towards a particular thread on this forum where service providers hound you and spam your inbox; or it is not allowed to name and shame rogue servers (obviously for some legible reason).

My questions is- is there a thread where existing users can recommend good servers/service providers (without prejudice) to others so that it can help people who look for such services, discourage rogue providers and support genuine providers?

I may be asking for a lot and my question may be completely against the forum rules (?) but worth getting some feedback.

Last edited:
The short answer is no to naming and shaming on this forum.
If you purchased from a member of this forum and are unhappy then pm me with all of the relevant information.
If the Mods decide your case is proven then we will ban the member if it is not resolved to our satisfaction and if needs be then the info will be posted in the Rogues Gallery.
We give advice on all of the line purchase threads but still lots of members ignore it.

The short answer is no to naming and shaming on this forum.
If you purchased from a member of this forum and are unhappy then pm me with all of the relevant information.
If the Mods decide your case is proven then we will ban the member if it is not resolved to our satisfaction and if needs be then the info will be posted in the Rogues Gallery.
We give advice on all of the line purchase threads but still lots of members ignore it.
Benijofar, you miss the point. My issue is not with a person, this forum or a connection between the aforementioned. I am not encouraging naming and shaming but rather naming and celebrating. I am not seeking support or a solution to my IPTV issues but possibly trying to raise shared awareness, if you prefer to call that. I followed advice on here to the point and still have issues so stop giving the same advise on every possible thread. I also appreciate it is not your or the forum's fault but it helps to be realistic as opposed to assuming every user is stupid.

This forum has been brilliant in so many ways but you cannot ignore the fact that 60-70% of IPTV enthusiasts end up registering on this forum and follow the random advise here. So I reckon there is some level of responsibility to keep up to.

After weeks of trying various test lines, I finally paid for a full sub to a provider whose channels were better than others and 95% of the times worked freeze free. Sadly, the line I got after payment is completely different from the test line (interface, groups, channels etc.) and it freezes more than the Himalayan snow cap. Switching channels has become a game of luck now between my wife and I, even for basic channels. I have asked for a refund but I know I am aiming for the inevitable. I may be better off asking for a couple of weeks of sunshine in the UK!

I did some search on this forum and realize that most members asking for reliable sub are ushered towards a particular thread on this forum where service providers hound you and spam your inbox; or it is not allowed to name and shame rogue servers (obviously for some legible reason).

My questions is- is there a thread where existing users can recommend good servers/service providers (without prejudice) to others so that it can help people who look for such services, discourage rogue providers and support genuine providers?

I may be asking for a lot and my question may be completely against the forum rules (?) but worth getting some feedback.

You may only contact other users by private mail to compare suppliers/providers.
don't forget that suppliers/providers will jump all over every mention of IPTV with 'my supplier is fantastic' and ' my supplier is 5p a year for 23 connections and he's so fabbo and my wife wants to have his babies' etc.
Anyone who registers here, says hello and then takes a subscription of anything is, basically an idiot.
READ what needs to be read, find out what other people are saying about other providers / setups / equipment etc and then pay a sub only when happy with the test lines etc.
Please don't try to blame the forum or the admin/moderators of the forum because no one has said this or that supplier is better than the other one.
If you paid for something that didn't work as expected, you should have joined before you paid anything out.

The forum doesn't owe you anything and most definately does not have any responsibility to you. - if you'd joined before going headlong into everything, you may have had a better ride.

The other possibility, and it looks a bit more likely now that I've read yours posts a few more times is that you wish to offer your IPTV for sale, as you seem to be less concerned about slagging off your imaginary IPTV subscription and more concerned about hawking your own cheesy wares as a solution to everyone's troubles?

Sweet baby jesus we've not seen this one every week for five years, oh wait, yes we have.

The problem is, you cannot be sure that if I say XYZ server is crap, that I am not just a rival putting him down.
I also have experience of someone using my supplier and getting a crap experience, while I have a perfect service. The problem lies in his set up, not the server.

Sami29, People are reluctant to share the name of their decent server with others as the more people who use the server the more chance that the quality of the service will go down.
The name of the game is test, test, test and when you find one you're happy with only pay for a month at a time until you are sure it's good, then maybe 3 months.

Also, on that note, if the test line and the line for a year are different(ie. It's not just extended ) that is a bad sign and, for me - time to walk away.

Naming providers is a big no no,that's why there is a request section.Openly naming providers is asking for trouble and is a bad idea.Most people here have researched lots of different setups and tried several providers before they find something they are happy with, you cannot expect to just join a forum and for everyone to just give you all the information it has taken them much time and re search to find out.

@Sami29....So you have been a member here less than a week but are already telling Admin how to run the forum ?
The system in place works well for the majority of users and those with problems with another member on here get resolved as best we can.
I fail to see how you followed the advice on here if you managed to have a bad experience in 5 days so something doesn't add up ?

Back