1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

irish channels

Discussion in 'Zgemma-star 2S' started by tkeogh, May 10, 2017.

1. JustinCosmos

JustinCosmos Member

Thanks for the info daveyboy. I live in Ireland too and currently use a H2S (I live in the countyside a few miles outside Navan so a H2H/Vermin solution can't be used by me). Like many people on here I'm now looking for alternatives since the Sly channels are going away. By the looks of it the H2 is meant to work with an ariel (i.e., a terrestrial receiver), right? I don't mind drilling a hole and running cable myself, and I suppose a small outdoor ariel doesn't cost too much. I like ZGemma anyway (the H2S I'v had since last Novermber has been great, very robust. Any powercuts, etc, and i just power it up, and off it goes - it never crashes. What's the craic with these cheaper boxes versus the H2 though?
    Blazer HD700 T2 Digital Terrestrial Receiver
    https://www.mediatec.ie/saorview-freeview/blazer-hd700-t2-digital-terrestrial-receiver

2. moonman77

moonman77 Member

Are you crazy ??? Rte is pure shit actually most of there programming is repeat or uk programs that's on BBC or itv wouldn't spend the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Sparkrite

Sparkrite Member

I'd be very interested as to how you get on with this as I'm in the same boat, but I know a "coat hanger" will do me with a DVB-T tuner.
    So, please keep us informed.
    Cheers.

4. mike142

mike142 Member

To get the RTE Terrestrial signal, all you need to get RTE channels is a Saorview box or Saorview TV, or a Freeview HD box or Freeview HD TV, (Freeview HD not Full HD).

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. wd40

wd40 Member

Hi. Is it possible you have a Saorview ready TV and try an indoor aerial or go the external aerial and then you don t bave to buy any other tuner.
    most modern tv s have a tuner built in.

6. wd40

wd40 Member

Hi. Is it possible you have a Saorview ready TV and try an indoor aerial or go the external aerial and then you don t bave to buy any other tuner.
    most modern tv s have a tuner built in.

7. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

i went to power city and bought a saorview walker pvr with 500gb hdd and record stuff in hd as i new a few years ago this would be needed.

zgemma star 2s is twin sat then no irish for you.

there are usb cable/terrestrial ones you could use.

8. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

i went to power city and bought a saorview walker pvr with 500gb hdd and record stuff in hd as i new a few years ago this would be needed.

zgemma star 2s is twin sat then no irish for you.

there are usb cable/terrestrial ones you could use.