Is IPTV The Way Forward?

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Considering a dish or a VM connection on top of IPTV, but if i have a good IPTV service ( like i do now ) am i missing out on much ?
I understand Sly Movies and Sports have gone, but the rest remain ( for now )

Thanks

If you can put up with the extreme lag of iptv then stick with that because you have more choice of channels etc.
But if you want more stability and quality then VM and SAT all the way.
How long these will last im afraid nobody on here can give you an answer to that.
This is only my personal opinion and im sure other users will have their say on the matter :(y):

Cable and sat lines are cheap as chips so you might as well run one alongside iptv if you already have the setup to add it to.

Every channel that you can get on a UK sat connection or VM is on IPTV. VM connection would be better, as it's cardsharing so you should get a more stable connection, no VPN needed and will probably be cheaper for a sub as well.

Have to agree sat and vm is better than iptv as stated better stability and cheaper for year just that with iptv there's a wider selection of channels from USA 3pm kick off more sports but if I was you @NazoDoop do a bit of research first like best bb deal with vm how much a cable box will cost price of sub for year how you set it up ect before making a decision but the choice is yours if sat was still going with all channels I wouldn't bother with iptv or same if I was in a cable area

Thanks guys
From what i remember, VM is Nagra and more stable than Sly which is NDS and needs a faster connection because of the ECM times right ?
Back i the day i remember sly uk on sat was a nightmare finding a good server because it used to glitch due to the fast ecm times

Thanks guys
From what i remember, VM is Nagra and more stable than Sly which is NDS and needs a faster connection because of the ECM times right ?
I know people on 50mbps vm bb and on standard bb with both and I get 40mbps with sly don't need amazingly fast speeds to run a cable box or sat box mate

Have them all if you are able to, I have a great sat and cable sub from the same provider, all paid up until next year, I also have a good iptv service that I just keep to a monthly sub for now, it actually needs re newing at the minute, I dont use it often but it does come in handy now and again, I took a new euro line out for a year recently at a very reasonable price and 3 weeks in, its been great, I have moved the multi sat cable and dm into the other downstairs room which one of my sons used as a bedroom, but he moved out last month so I got the room back.

Would have to disagree with i have both iptv and satilite (what is left) and there 100% more frezing on cs iptv for me is theway forward if you find the right provider especially if you can get channels in fhd

Would have to disagree with i have both iptv and satilite (what is left) and there 100% more frezing on cs iptv for me is theway forward if you find the right provider especially if you can get channels in fhd
I have to disagree that could be down to your provider on c/s or your bb speeds or a number of factors as other people's won't freeze hardly I use sat whats left along side iptv hardly ever freezes on my c/s

i will probably be in the minority that disagree.

i am tending to use iptv more and more.

my viewing habits kind of dictate it, 3pms and vod are what i watch.

for those of you who are saying iptv is unreliable and way behind live then you are on the wrong server.

For me , cable is, and always will be better than iptv, even though iptv has improved big time over the last year, but I do have a real good sub, no freezing, thats my opinion, I have a pretty good iptv service too and I have compared its FHD to cables SD and its not as good as cable.

I had sat for years and then ,sat and Iptv but now I just use Iptv and have to say the last year it has been excellent, no real problems and quality is as good as it's ever been. Might get the odd glitch now and again but I had that on sat too. Also far more channels available on Iptv and with the vod selection I get and the added bonus of the e2i player there is nothing else I need tbh. I used Kodi on Android for years but got fed up with updating it all the time due to apps getting shut down so I think IPTV is the way forward now.

Back