Is my box dead?

mors

I've got a H2H that I've had for about a year, running sucmnsee. About 2wks about the line went, so I've been trying to get a new one. I stupidly thought I'd rebuild the box sseeing as I was putting a new line on, and I've put onto it wooshbuild, biohead and another sucmnsee - following the guides to the letter every time, in much similar process that I got mine up and running originally.
NO LINES WORK on my box, with ANY build since I've reloaded it. I've had different people test the test lines for me, and they all work fine, but not on my box.
When I scan during the install, it detects the channels, I put my line on, it has a working internet connection - but blank, no channels. Whatever build I put onto it. Following the guides and getting people to confirm I'm doing it the right way.

If no lines will work on my box, is the box dead?

I guess there's no way of me testing if a line isn't working myself, from logs or anything on the box? The only way would be on another box if the channel starts playing?

Thanks for any ideas

It's a nline. And whatever I do on any build, under softcam manager, it keeps flashing 'no new ecm info' with every test line I try. And I've got others to try the lines and they work fine.
And the network connectivity is fine as the box pulls down the latest whoosh build when flashing.

Last edited:
Are you sending two files
Newcamd.list and mg_cfg??

No, just sending newcammd and overwriting the one that's in there. Mg_cfg is already in there, I've not touched that.
Same with every build I've tried. I then send my newcamd's to a friend to try with different test lines in, they all work on his box.

Last edited:
Check both your newcamd.list file and mg_cfg file that there is no (1) after the file name.
If there is take it out and restart the softcam

press red button go into softcam panel and select mgcamd_1.35a if you dont see this press blue button to install it
green button to restart cam

Once you've put the line on, try restarting the cam? Is the line setup correctly depending on C, N or CWS?

It won't be a hardware fault - the box is essentially a computer with a tuner card. For it it to run everything except the lines means it's extremely unlikely (virtually impossible) for it to be a hardware problem.

Hi Biff/biohead, on all the images I've tried, mgcam is already installed, and I always give the cam a restart after I put a line on, just incase. All the test lines I've asked for were nlines for vm for the h2h, so I've been receiving them in the usual ''cws" format. The scan picks up 350+ channels, and the box has internet connectivity as it can pull down wooshbuild during the flash.
But in the cam manager screen with every build and every test line, I get 'NO NEW ECM INFO'. Google seems to think that means that all servers for all test lines are down?!? That can't be right as they work on other boxes.

Thanks for the offer Biohead, I'll try and find someone who's willing to send me a test line, I think I've used about 5 this week trying to get the bloody box up and running, they're only usually 24hr lines. I'll then try that line on all 3 builds again, and PM it you if it wont work on any as usual.
They all install fine, pick up channels on a scan, have internet connectivity, have a fresh test line, but get 'no new ECM info' every bloody time on all builds.
Requesting and Nline for VM, in the CWS format is the right thing to do with the H2H isn't it? I'm not making a schoolboy error or something am I? I've previously had a Nline CWS working on this box with Sucmnsee.

*extra info*

Btw, a helpful guy off the forum that sorted me out a test line and had his own server said when he was helping me, that he could not see me logging in at all from my box with the line he gave me, even though it was on wooshbuild so obviously had internet connectivity as it dragged the build down from the net during flashing?!

Last edited:
ITS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I followed exactly the same guide, exactly the same way with wooshbuild I've done about 10x over the last few days, the only difference is that Dilly sorted me out a test line?!? I've used about 5 or different test lines over the last few days and only this one has worked with the same builds and same process wtf?

THANK YOU DILLY

---------- Post Merged at 04:26 PM ----------

On a side note, in the softcam manager, it still reports that 'no new ecm info' although the box is working with dilly's line?! I presume I was barking up a wrong tree taking any notice of that, I'm not sure why it was there.
For all the people that have helped with this and offered advice - thank you!

Back