Is my Zgemma hs2 broken???

bowster

Hello

Yesterday my box went into boot on its own and stayed like that. It doesn't even start to count. It just says boot. When I try to reflash it, the new version of wooshbuild goes to FLSH then starts to go between FLSH and BOOT. And old version of wooshbuild goes to FLSH for a few seconds then back to and stays on BOOT.

Can anyone help or has my Zgemma packed in?

Do you see USB/UPDATE flash up on led when flashing ATV? if so press the power button on the front of box for a second asa that flashes up and then it should flash

as grog68 said, ATV nightly is a base image, as such it is a noforce image so you must press the front power button directly after powering on to begin the flash process.

Hi guys. Tried all of the above. Getting nowhere. None of the above even goes to FLSH. It all just stays in BOOT.

your box still isnt reading from the usb pen drives, prep usb again from scratch or go buy a new scandisk 8gb & use that (new usb's dont require low level formatting so often work 1st time with just a full windows format).

your box still isnt reading from the usb pen drives, prep usb again from scratch or go buy a new scandisk 8gb & use that (new usb's dont require low level formatting so often work 1st time with just a full windows format).
I tried that. Thanks

If you have used a new usb & loaded the correct files & it still wont flash change the power supply as this can sometimes be at fault, also dont use any extension leads.

Personally I would try and get it flashing with a base image to start with as others have said, no bells or whistles or anything altered, just how it was meant to be.

Forget WooshBuild, GrogBuild, WillowBuild, Ipab, or any other prebuilt image - go for an off the shelf base image for your box. Any on the zgemma.tv site will work.

Once you have it up and running then look at bells and whistles.

Last edited:
Hi all. Thanks for the help. I have tried it all and nothing works. None of the basics. Only wooshbuild shows signs but it goes between FLSH and BOOT a couple of times then back to BOOT. I can only conclude the box has had its day. New box on the way.

Hi all. Thanks for the help. I have tried it all and nothing works. None of the basics. Only wooshbuild shows signs but it goes between FLSH and BOOT a couple of times then back to BOOT. I can only conclude the box has had its day. New box on the way.
If you want to ship the box to me by all means do. Just stick a fiver in the box for return postage. If it is fubar then it is fubar and I won't be able to fix it but I can try. Up to you though.

If you want to ship the box to me by all means do. Just stick a fiver in the box for return postage. If it is fubar then it is fubar and I won't be able to fix it but I can try. Up to you though.
Thanks for the offer but no point spending any more money on it. I have a new upgraded version of the box on the way so hopefully faster and better anyway.

Hi all again. Things are not going well. I have now bought a new Zgemma H3.2TC thinking it was an upgraded version of the H2s but it is not. I have downloaded wooshbuild 7 and have it set up to watch telly. But I can't record. I also can't get my HD channels to list first in the entertainment guide despite I think setting the settings to do this.

I have availability of a 2 sky cables which is how I was receiving freeview before. I also have an old virgin cable. I'm not sure which things I should have plugged in or how to set it up to record. Can anyone help or point me to a helpful thread. I tried to follow ste's setup up guide for H2H which he said should work for H3.2TC but I am showing different tuners.

At the moment I am only trying to setup freeview and the recording and will probably sort IPTV later.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi all again. Things are not going well. I have now bought a new Zgemma H3.2TC thinking it was an upgraded version of the H2s but it is not. I have downloaded wooshbuild 7 and have it set up to watch telly. But I can't record. I also can't get my HD channels to list first in the entertainment guide despite I think setting the settings to do this.

I have availability of a 2 sky cables which is how I was receiving freeview before. I also have an old virgin cable. I'm not sure which things I should have plugged in or how to set it up to record. Can anyone help or point me to a helpful thread. I tried to follow ste's setup up guide for H2H which he said should work for H3.2TC but I am showing different tuners.

At the moment I am only trying to setup freeview and the recording and will probably sort IPTV later.

Thanks in advance for any help.

plug the satellite cable into the screw-in inlet on the back, then attache the VM cable via an F plug into the other inlet (push-in) and scan both for channels.
All sports and movies are on cable, but the SS Hd channels are gone.
you can record one cable or sat and watch another

Hi. I have the sky and virgin cables plugged as per above but its not finding anything on the other tuners other than the sky tuner on tuner a. Not sure have the correct tuner set up but cant seem to change b and c to anything from the setup i tried.

Back