Is my Zgemma hs2 broken???

Hi. I have the sky and virgin cables plugged as per above but its not finding anything on the other tuners other than the sky tuner on tuner a. Not sure have the correct tuner set up but cant seem to change b and c to anything from the setup i tried.

The VM cable may not be connected to vm network unless you have a service from them?
make sure the tuner named DVB/c is configured for Virgin, make sure the DVB/s is configured for sat

You may be roght. It is all configured but i am getting no signal on tuner b or c. I have virgin broadband but no longer tv. Any other way to record?

if you have BB from them, the cable is live and you should be able to get 400 channels, as well as 37 radio.
what splitter is in use?

Just what came with the virgin setup. I can timeshift but when i record i get an error message when changing channel.

if you haven't scanned for VM channels, my guess is that you won't be able to record them especially without a VM line and setting your netid once the tuner's setup

just forget about recording for now.
You need to get all the sat and VM chanels, scanned and clearing before you can attempt anything else

Thats what im trying to get- the tuner setup. Ive aet it up as per shown in a setup guide but im getting nothing from tuner b and c

which of the tuners is the DVB/C tuner?
if you go to menu>setup>service searching>automatic scan
it should have
clear before scan
network scan
scan tuner b (DVB-C)Virgin media UK (pure)
all set to yes
click green

this means it's not connected - either the cable is in the wrong socket at the back or the cable and/or splitter is a duffer
Take the splitter out of the equation, just take the main cable coming into the house and plug it into the box and perform a scan, if it scans, the splitter or short cable is duff, if not, you've got the wrong socket

The cable is and splitter are the same ones from when I had virgin tv and there is only one socket to plug it in to.

The cable is and splitter are the same ones from when I had virgin tv and there is only one socket to plug it in to.

So where does the vm broadband cable go before it gets to the router?
Do you mean you have a splitter in a white box with two outlets at the bottom, one to zgemma and one to router?

The cable comes into the house, goes to the splitter then one cable goes to the broadband and one into the Zgemma.

are you using an F connector screwed into the end of the VM cable into the socket in the box?
unscrew the cable from the router, and screw it into the F connector and try a scan - the short cable from zg to splitter might be duff

The cable comes into the house, goes to the splitter then one cable goes to the broadband and one into the Zgemma.
if you took the cable from router and put it in zgemma (via the F connector) and tried a scan that way, you might be able to pick up the channels

Someone from tech support helped me. I have now reflashed the correct image for my box but I now cannot follow what he said as autobouquets maker is not coming up. so I am back to square one. The cable is and tuner are definitely working

Have you put netid in?
have you set virgin uk as provider?
have you scanned for channels and got 1 -5 in sd?
all you need to do then is put the line details in and you're done

I have sky and virgin channels. still having problems with recording one channel and watching another. If I record I can get some other channels. But others are bringing up the message "Getting Event Info Failed. invalid null reference in method. 'iServiceHandlerPtr_info',arguement 2 of type 'eServiceReference const &'

Back