Is there a device for this?

Sunil237

I have my cable box set up downstairs.
I want to watch it from my bedroom upstairs at night.
I just want what ever channel is on the box downstairs to appear on my tv upstairs, and control it from upstairs too obviously.
I got the edision OS mini with a single tuner

(I can't use multiroom with my code and don't watch tv enough in my room to justify a big expense)

I'm pretty sure there is something that can do this, just have no idea what the device would be called.

Last edited:
Have you got a laptop or tablet?? You will need the ip address of your box you will find this somewere in network settings within the box. Once you have ip address open your browser on tablet/laptop type in ip address of box should open up openwebif were you can watch the channels of box downstairs upstairs if you have an android box you can watch them on the tv.

Hope that helps
**you will have to install the openwebif plugin in your plugin section**

Just noticed single tunner not to sure box can be in use downstairs at same time.......

Last edited:
That sounds like a good option, thanks buddy
I want it for night time viewing when noone is using the downstairs box.

Just to be on the safe side, will this use my line IR just let the box use it and stream whatever it has on to the laptop/device?
I'll give it a try out tomorrow.

I use it on my laptop it makes a m3u file then i just open it with vlc player works fine for me mate hd stutters now and again but prob because my internet isnt the best.

i just set my pvr in kodi to do the same thing. you can set it to zap the box so its blank while you watch on another device. its streamed through your wifi. works really well for me. maybe worth looking into for what you need. although dillyp70's way sounds easier. just depends what suits your needs

Back