Is there a Satbox which is DLNA

dpc1979

I have a VU solo2 and a Skybox f5s but what i want is a sat box that can run a my nline but can also play large 1080p media files from my homeserver or DLNA. - It seems Kodi on a satbox is not an option but is there a satbox that would work for me.

Thanks in advance

Your vu can do that. just download the dlna player (can't remember the exact name as I don't have a box here at the moment), but I have it running on a couple of E2 boxes.

Go onto plugins and you will see DNLA player, its ok but not used it in a while as I found it not as stable as I would have liked

Thanks I need something that is stable i was'nt sure. I keep seeing the wetek box and wasn't sure if this would work for me

It maybe stable for you, its just my personal opinion as to what I thought of it but that was some time ago it may have been sorted now, I just don't need it anymore as my TV has built in DNLA. You should try it for yourself

Ive tried the DNLA player and it was fine with low quality files but hq MKV files they dont even play.

So any other suggestions would be good

I've never seen a satbox that can run Kodi, maybe someone has. Only ever seen the DNLA player and yes it don't play much, I think VLC player is in plugins too but don't know if that as a DNLA option as never installed it just remember seeing it.

For my media server, in my living room I use my Samsung TV via the smarthub, in my kids room they use Xboxes (ofcourse) and in the bedroom I have a kodi box setup this way stuff from my media server can be accessed but also my satbox is accessable via it too so I can get the sky channels upstairs without the need for a second box or cables.

With kodi did you manage to load all channels I can only use a small bouquet list if I try all its way to slow at loading them

only thing is I have raspberry pi I don't think I will be able to download it might get myself an android box then I have raspberry for kodi downstairs and android box with timote for channels and kodi upstairs.
Sorry didn't realise that it could be downloaded in kodi thanks

---------- Post Merged on 03-10-2015 at 12:09 AM ----------

What are the best settings for it this is what I have Screenshot_2015-10-03-00-05-26.jpg but it doesn't work

Last edited:
I have put the Vu+ andriod app sideloaded onto a Amazon Firestick and although it works i find its not the best and starts to fall over itself on HD channels.

Just would like a all round box as i keep looking at the new Nvidia Shield tv box but would love to have something that is one box, one remote for the bedrooms.

Well maybe one day somebody will put something together that will be a complete Home entertainment system like a add on for the xbox one or PS4 that will allow sat tuner and a cam to work or am I just dreaming.

kindle fire

only thing is I have raspberry pi I don't think I will be able to download it might get myself an android box then I have raspberry for kodi downstairs and android box with timote for channels and kodi upstairs.
Sorry didn't realise that it could be downloaded in kodi thanks

---------- Post Merged on 03-10-2015 at 12:09 AM ----------

If you're going down android route - get yourself a Kindle Fire HD stick for £35 from currys, Root it you're good to go, the picture quality is 1080p. Also recommend putting XBMC/KODI on it with Genesis & Navi-X

Thanks for the info but I want a box I can use to connect to my zgemma that's why I was thinking of android box with Google play store and use timote or something similar if it can. I already have pi2 for kodi plus kodi on my phone witch I can screen mirror to tv

Back