Is this a splitter or protection or boost

It's got 4 ports but only really 1 in use for the box and wifi

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hey Major, are you saying you have a 4 way splitter but you're only using 2 of the outlets?
No bud I've got a 3 way splitter one for rooter or for wifi and one for cable upstairs. That's what my rooter id using

Exactly the same setup as myself, I run a Zgemma which I'm having minor issues with only on 1 or 2 channels, I can run a openbox v8 pro and an Amiko mini hd combo, same set up problem free.
So its without doubt a tuner issue, obviously the latter boxes even with the weaker signal perform better, I'm also changing my splitter, at the moment I'm using 1000mhz, can only try using the 2400mhz.
Then when all options are exhausted the Zgemma gets handed down to someone and I take the chance on another box, just a pitty the openbox and the amiko are very basic boxes
I'm getting a booster with 20db adjustable bud and ill replace this with my splitter and see if it works. If not no drama it works from time to time

Major, keep me posted pal, if it works for you then I'm happy to try it!

Will do bud thinking about replacing my rooter cable as well but doubt this will do any thing

U can check your signal levels log into your modem gui network settings should b between +10 and -6 with a slope of 6 db , if to low u may need a powered hdu which keeps your signal levels the same as they come into your property , also if u have a cable from eBay or somewhere yeah u may need better quality , if that's the case msg me will send u the length of cable u need as long as u pay postage , this site has helped me loads setting these boxes up happy to help back , if your signal is low let me know will sort u a powered hdu again if u pay postage :)

I bought a CT100 cable off the auction site. Is that any good? Or are all cables on eBay below par?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CT100 and RG6 are generally low quality cable try WF100 or PF100 always look for a pure copper core cable.
It can make a difference using the right cable. Buy the best and you cant go wrong

Edit: Try a magnet on your cable, if it sticks its steel cladded with copper- not very good cable

Last edited:
Back