Is this zgemma competition?

woody6222

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Just Arrived! Formuler F4 Turbo H.265 HEVC Enigma 2 Receiver! From only £69!

I have just received an email from the well known supplier!

some nice features like plug n play tuner and VESA mount, it's good that both the USB ports are rear mounted. On the Zgemmas only 1 USB is rear mounted, the other one is behind the flap on the front so you have to leave the flasp open if you want to use it for anything.

However that said..the triple tuner Zgemma H5.2TC with Twin DVB-C tuners and 1 x sat tuners is still cheaper than the Fomuler F4 and has an extra tuner (Formuler + dvb c tuner single = 95 quid), Zgemma H5.2TC can be had for around 80-85 quid.. Or a H5 (no twin DVB C is even cheaper).

Last edited:
How much does it retail for? And does it work the same as zgemma H2H

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

some nice features like plug n play tuner and VESA mount, it's good that both the USB ports are rear mounted. On the Zgemmas only 1 USB is rear mounted, the other one is behind the flap on the front so you have to leave the flasp open if you want to use it for anything.

However that said..the triple tuner Zgemma H5.2TC with Twin DVB-C tuners and 1 x sat tuners is still cheaper than the Fomuler F4 and has an extra tuner (Formuler + dvb c tuner single = 95 quid), Zgemma H5.2TC can be had for around 80-85 quid.. Or a H5 (no twin DVB C is even cheaper).

it depends if you would rather have twin sat or twin cable though
and the fact the Formuler has a lot higher spec hardware than the H5.2 and is officially supported by VIX [if thats your thing]

No takers for the H7C then ? Zgemma flagship box ?

When you have twin cable you won't end up using sat, you watch HD all the time.
So watching SD on cable or sat just doesn't cut it any more.

It's knocked out at £150

More expensive than a twin cable, Technomate, Gigablue and VU

Now there is a turn up for the books.

All that said, the H5.2TC is still the cheapest twin cable tuner at £85, as mentioned earlier.

And before anyone mentions 4K, there is no 4K content out there for UK sat and cable. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Just sayin like :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Last edited:
I heard, but putting on a rack to run the LNBs
and all the foriegn commentry is too much hassle for me.

If I didn't have the convience of cable, that's probably the way i would have gone after the new encryption
came out, however I see IPTV getting alot slicker in the future, so might not need my ladders just yet :grin::grin:

I heard, but putting on a rack to run the LNBs
and all the foriegn commentry is too much hassle for me.

If I didn't have the convience of cable, that's probably the way i would have gone after the new encryption
came out, however I see IPTV getting alot slicker in the future, so might not need my ladders just yet :grin::grin:

Eurosport 1&2 are in HD with English audio, loads of HD movies in English, 3pm KOs,
I dont see iptv as being sustainable tbh, its only a matter of time before the ISPs clamp down on bandwidth 'abuse' ,
most of them have already tightened their criteria for a business connection, imo this is to prepare for throttling domestic customers more easily

Maybe, but this is my thinking,

As 4K rolls out over more channels in the next few years, which needs to be streamed.
The demand should increase for it, as everyone is buying the TV's already and finding they perform no better than what they already had, due to limited coverage.

I think it's like when HD TV first arrived, TV companies pushing new technology to boost sales and the broadcasters playing catchup,
and hot on there tail will be the equivelant of card share, just IPTV based.

It's just another transition to the game that is still playing out.

Plus Netflix, and all the rest of the internet companies will offer better quality streams which require bigger internet packages.

So, how do they keep up the speeds for genuine customers and throttle the rest ?

That's my take on it.

Maybe, but this is my thinking,

Plus Netflix, and all the rest of the internet companies will offer better quality streams which require bigger internet packages.

So, how do they keep up the speeds for genuine customers and throttle the rest ?

That's my take on it.

I think as more and more streaming from legit sites happens that ISPs will have to start offering IPTV packages, and it will be locked down to official sites, and probably a % of the streaming fee will be demanded by the ISP from the provider for the bandwidth, either that, or it will go like BT where you need their BB to get their streaming services

I suppose it's anybodys guess which way it will go.

We will just have to wait and see how things pan out,
as long as we don't have to pay full price, then you just go with the flow :grin::grin::grin:

it depends if you would rather have twin sat or twin cable though
and the fact the Formuler has a lot higher spec hardware than the H5.2 and is officially supported by VIX [if thats your thing]

Whats higher spec about the Formuler F4 hardware over the Zgemma H5 or H5.2TC ?? I haven't done a deep dive into the specs but they both appear to be using the same Broadcom SOC, the same amount of RAM and Flash too... both offer Micro-SD card slot (Zgemma specs on the H5.2TC say up to 128gb Micro SD size supported, Formuler only support upto 32Gb).

For some people vix support maybe important, personally I havent used vix for years on any of my recievers not needed when you have OpenPli and OpenAtv. ViX is more of a marketing tool for WoS i.e: They only support boxes that WoS sells....

Last edited:
Whats higher spec about the Formuler F4 hardware over the Zgemma H5 or H5.2TC ?? I haven't done a deep dive into the specs but they both appear to be using the same Broadcom SOC, the same amount of RAM and Flash too... both offer Micro-SD card slot (Zgemma specs on the H5.2TC say up to 128gb Micro SD size supported, Formuler only support upto 32Gb).

For some people vix support maybe important, personally I havent used vix for years on any of my recievers not needed when you have OpenPli and OpenAtv. ViX is more of a marketing tool for WoS i.e: They only support boxes that WoS sells....
I'm talking about the F1 being higher spec.

Back