Issues when scanning channels

eparkes

Hello,

Upon re flashing my zgemma LC with multiple new vix images I am having issues scanning, so I set the tuner to my area which is 41048 I selected the country which is the UK and I have tried both Virgin all systems and Virgin pure but the only channels that get picked up are Eden HD, Christmas Food HD, Dave HD and W HD when all systems is selected and nothing when Pure is selected.

I assumed this is because Vix is not supported on the zgemma LC so I tried with my Vu+ Solo SE and it is giving me exactly the same issue.

I have tried this at 3 different locations all of which run genuine Virmin services anyway, do you have any ideas on what I can try it seems to be the case with any new Vix image since the audio fix, I would be willing to try a build for the LC or the Vu+ Solo SE but I cannot find one.

Thank you in advance

***UPDATE***

I have just tried a nightly ATV image and it gives me the same problems when trying to scan.

***UPDATE***

Attachments

• IMG_20180101_173535.jpg
    IMG_20180101_173535.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20180101_173547.jpg
    IMG_20180101_173547.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20180101_173551.jpg
    IMG_20180101_173551.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20180101_173556.jpg
    IMG_20180101_173556.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
In tuner config set to virgin ex c+w (virgin uk) Set net I’d back to zeros.
Now try and scan using autobouquetmaker. Go to providers in the ABM menu and set virgin uk to 41060.
Set swap channels to yes. Press ok. Press start scan. When finished press tv on remote. Press the down button and see what you get.

On your vu solo se is that on a good quality cable and splitter,also in vm uk is their a location within to scan on as i would be seeing if cable tuner finds channels first before using abm.Are you on latest image to fix nar and abm issues.?

Yup I have used it for ages and installed many of these for pals, what I have noticed is that if I scan using ex CW it pulls all the
In tuner config set to virgin ex c+w (virgin uk) Set net I’d back to zeros.
Now try and scan using autobouquetmaker. Go to providers in the ABM menu and set virgin uk to 41060.
Set swap channels to yes. Press ok. Press start scan. When finished press tv on remote. Press the down button and see what you get.

I will be giving this a try and I will let you know, thank you.

On your vu solo se is that on a good quality cable and splitter,also in vm uk is their a location within to scan on as i would be seeing if cable tuner finds channels first before using abm.Are you on latest image to fix nar and abm issues.?

I have never had this issue before and this splitter and cable config has been in use for a while, I am also on the very latest Vix image I have tried all of them that are currently on the website I was that desperate haha. I always do automatic scan before using ABM, thank you.

so old cables and wrong splitters can give issues,are you on a bb feed or a hope feed?

The cable is only about 3 months old and I could not tell you if it is a wrong splitter as I am not sure, would a pic help? It was not an expensive splitter it is not powered however I have sorted multiple boxes it is only this past week or so I am having issues. I am sorry to sound thick but what is a BB feed and a hope feed?

Thank you

The cable is only about 3 months old and I could not tell you if it is a wrong splitter as I am not sure, would a pic help? It was not an expensive splitter it is not powered however I have sorted multiple boxes it is only this past week or so I am having issues. I am sorry to sound thick but what is a BB feed and a hope feed?

Thank you

BB feed is when you pay for a broadband connection
Hope feed, is simply when you hope they wont disconnect you, :)
what sort of cable is it,?
and yes, a pic of the splitter would be good

bb feed=paid vm service or using a cable feed in house hoping you wont get cut off=no paid service.

BB feed is when you pay for a broadband connection
Hope feed, is simply when you hope they wont disconnect you, :)
what sort of cable is it,?
and yes, a pic of the splitter would be good

Haha brilliant it is a BB feed, it is just coax cable off of a drum I have, it is called RG6. I have a feeling after you all seeing these pics your response maybe "No F*cking wonder it doesnt work" ha see pics attached, thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20180101_213018.jpg
    IMG_20180101_213018.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20180101_213034.jpg
    IMG_20180101_213034.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
splitters don't last forever, I've had four or five in about ten years, no idea what causes them to deteriorate but they do, even the ones supplied by VM

Haha brilliant it is a BB feed, it is just coax cable off of a drum I have, it is called RG6. I have a feeling after you all seeing these pics your response maybe "No F*cking wonder it doesnt work" ha see pics attached, thank you.

throw that cable away,,!!!!!
RG6 is simply a generic name for a physical measurement of cable, it is no longer a quality standard,
that cable you have looks like aluminium, its deffo NOT copper, pure rubbish tbh, I wouldnt even use it for analogue TV

throw that cable away,,!!!!!
RG6 is simply a generic name for a physical measurement of cable, it is no longer a quality standard,
that cable you have looks like aluminium, its deffo NOT copper, pure rubbish tbh, I wouldnt even use it for analogue TV

No worries I will get a copper one, places like eBay ok to go for them? Thank you.

No worries I will get a copper one, places like eBay ok to go for them? Thank you.

ebay is fine,
as long as you get CT100 or WF100
or as good as equivalent
'proper' RG6 is fine, I have a load of it in my own place, but its proper standard stuff, not cheap generic cable
make sure whatever you get is copper, and NOT CCA or CCS

proper made cables with proper compressed ends will make wonders,correct splitter well done lol.
might be a few links in older cable posts or to come.

ebay is fine,
as long as you get CT100 or WF100
or as good as equivalent
'proper' RG6 is fine, I have a load of it in my own place, but its proper standard stuff, not cheap generic cable
make sure whatever you get is copper, and NOT CCA or CCS

I will do that, thank you very much. I have plugged it direct in to the actual Virgin feed and the issue is still happening though so is there something else? I will replace the cables to make sure I have the best however with Virgins cable it is still giving me that issue, thank you.

proper made cables with proper compressed ends will make wonders,correct splitter well done lol.
might be a few links in older cable posts or to come.

Haha yayyy badge for me ha, now I did just buy any splitter so what would be the wrong one to buy for future reference? I am going to change all the cables out however using the proper Virgin cable I am still having the issue, I will try the fix tomorrow as suggested regarding the ABM and Net ID change, thank you.

5-2500mhz is wrong and can let in interference,any locals got vm tv so to check your netid is correct?

Back