I've been out the game a long time, any help would be appreciated

malstron

Hi all i have not had any boxes since Starview went down, all due to moving house and trying to get my business up and running.

What Boxes are working these days ?
Do I need Sat Dish ? I dont have one at the minute.
I have Vir Media internet.
Someone was talking about Zgemma box but I know nothing at the minute.
I'm from North east England.

Thanks for taking time to read this message.

I wouldn't be an expert by any stretch but I went from Openbox to IPTV and has been very good since.

Smart tv or a good android box is all u need for them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Xtrend ET7100v2 HD 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Linux Full HD H.265 PVR 1080p Digital Cable / Terrestrial Receiver £59

or if you want to record one and watch another at the same time will need a twin tuner and USB Hdd

Something like this, select two DVB-C/T/T2

Xtrend ET8500 QUAD TUNER (SELECT YOUR TUNERS) Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready £117

Order from WOS flashed with Openvix

There is a set up guide on here.

If i were you i wouldnt go near ebay for a line , you can easily get a line on here for cable, i have a zgemma h2h with a cable and sat tuner and it also covers iptv if things ever go dark on cable. I Suppose it depends on how much you want to spend, h2h dual tuner boxes are around £60.

Don't underestimate IPTV I think it's the way forward.Virgin cable is good quality but seem to be loosing channels lately .With IPTV it's all down to finding a good supplier but they are out there.I tried loads of trials before I found one I was happy with.I hardly get any issues with my IPTV supplier and I get all channels SD and HD.Obviously there are issues from time to time but it's pretty good now and you get VOD. I use lots of Zgemma h2s boxes/mag boxes and for the money they are very good.You can still get quite a few channels on sat too and a sub is next to nothing.I use a VU+DUO2 and VU+ ultimo for myself and they are great boxes with plenty of power ,storage and you can run anything on them.The cheaper boxes are ok but spend more and you will get a much better quality box.

I have tried iptv tests for my daughters and sons over the last year or so, the majority have been poor to say the least, eventually i got a decent one from on this site and they are all still using this same provider, but i probaly tried about 12 or more all in, but yes there are a few good providers out there, but iptv still needs to improve as it is no where near as stable or good as cable at the minute, but it is the only option for a lot of people who cant get cable and dont want to pay extravagant prices to sky.

Obviously there are issues from time to time

that really sums up IPTV in a nutshell, agree it can be alright but when a good footie match is on or a boxing event then it goes tits up and they tend to blame outside influences, never themselves.

My current supplier went through a rough patch for a week due to epl blocks and I know most suppliers have or will have this issue but my current supplier got it sorted and now no problems with blocks and not using a VPN.

Virgin quality is very good but IPTV is pretty good now and don't forget Virgin are loosing a few channels lately.With IPTV it is mostly down to how good the provider is.The quality of mine is very good. plus I get a lot more channels and VOD.

Tried a test last week , and i have to say i was surprised how good it was , great picture quality and the sports channels were only 20 seconds behind, i have said before on this site that i am not a big admirer of iptv, but credit where its due, it was good, my sat channels have been playing up badly this last week or so, for that reason i may replace the sat sub for an iptv sub, i still have cable, although some hd channels apart from the sky sports have stopped working for me, dont know if its the provider or something else.

Back