I've been ripped off!

maff

VIP Member
I agreed to buy a few items from a member in the Marketplace of another site. Had pictures and descriptions of said items. Other members were showing some interest so I thought I'd get staight in there with an offer. Exchanged P.Ms and emails and I ended up paying £75 via bank transfer to his account. The seller informed me that he would post the merch the following day after work 27-10-14.(which I was fine with). I waited 4-5 days with nothing arriving, so I emailed him to see how things were progressing as I wanted to make sure I took delivery. No reply. Checked his profile on the site and there's been no activity since the money was sent. Think I may have been had! I've got the person's email address and bank details,name and home town. Any ideas on how to proceed? Very frustrated!

I'm afraid he's from a town quite far away from me. Would be nice to have an address all the same!

if you have his bank details, ie proper name and town google 192 might cost you a tenner should give his full address and phone number, I would start with that, put the frightners on him.
also I would inform the administrates of the other site, at least he should be banned and they might be able to help

if you have his bank details, ie proper name and town google 192 might cost you a tenner should give his full address and phone number, I would start with that, put the frightners on him.
also I would inform the administrates of the other site, at least he should be banned and they might be able to help

I did contact the admin for any info they may have on the fella. Did get an alternative email address for the dude. At the end of the day, I should have been more careful. I'll try the 192 thing to see if that comes up with anything. Cheers Thebigcheese.

You done everything you could maff. Its just some folk, scamming is what they do and know.. ( you know who we are talking about.. !!) Is a classic example.. Offer you something,you pay for it and it don't work... knowing you can't go to ol bill and say anything..! But not everyone is the same so can only be as cautious as the next person.. PS and the example above rhymes with... Robs you..! Haha

Last Christmas I've received 2 onions in a portable speaker box instead of an iPad 3. I feel you bro

Back