I've been up and down

I think I need help. I've been having periods of sadness then extreme energy lately. Like I'll be so sad that I don't want to get out of bed for like, 3 days. Then the following couple of days, I'll get super energetic and want to just do so much stuff. Then I'll crash and repeat. I have days where I seem normal but it's been mostly that for the past weeks. I just don't know how to even start asking for help.

Go see gp. I won't give diagnosis but my mother had the same symptoms. She ok now. So you will be fine. Just get to that doctor. Chat with close friends. You will get through it. We always here too

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You just have asked for help. Just recognising and admitting a problem is a massive step on your journey.

There are great mental health charities like CALM which will offer personable and solid support. And they maybe more accessible to you than a GP

Your journey has started well, good luck continuing on it, squire

Could be CFS/ME which I got diagnosed with last year. Im constantly feeling drunk all the time and wears me down.

I was such an active person so is very hard to get my head round it. I struggle to even drive 2 hours now and have to stop and sleep.

You've done the hard bit asking for help, most blokes are too proud to admit they need help.
Had to physically drag my mate to docs because he felt a lump in one of his knackers 6 weeks before and was too proud and embarrassed to go, he's been diagnosed with testicular cancer but it looks like they've caught it in time.
Get to the GP and take it from there.

I think I need help. I've been having periods of sadness then extreme energy lately. Like I'll be so sad that I don't want to get out of bed for like, 3 days. Then the following couple of days, I'll get super energetic and want to just do so much stuff. Then I'll crash and repeat. I have days where I seem normal but it's been mostly that for the past weeks. I just don't know how to even start asking for help.
Please go speak with your G.P..it’s important that you are completely honest and open with them as to get the help and support you need..I have combat PTSD and hid it from everyone and it destroyed me...
There is absolutely nothing to be scared or ashamed of..and don’t worry your soon start feeling better with the correct help..

You have taken the first step now and that’s a good sign. Hope all goes well.
I still recommend a visit to your GP as a good GP will try get you access to the help you need.

I agree with others that you should see your GP, your doctor will have access to a whole range of local services if the doc thinks you need them, and your doc will be able to refer you with a click of a button.

Doctors have a wealth of experience passed down for many years to them so they should know the best course of action for you.

Tai chi is supposed to be good for your health in a lot of ways so thats something you could look into too, i think certain community centres may offer free classes or next to nothing costs.

Keep the chin up pal you will be fine.

To me m8, it sounds like you could be going manic, i had a very good friend who became manic, and your symptoms do sound like what he had experience, please have a chat with your GP, and be honest with him, and the help is there m8....good luck & stay strong...

I wouldn't use an online service, purely because you don't really know who they are, see your GP is the best thing you can do.

As everybody else has said, contact your GP, or if you feel you need immediate help you can self refer to your local mental health crisis team at your local A&E.
I wish you all the best, depression in all its forms is a horrible illness to have to deal with.

Make sure you go see a doctor mate youve taken the first steps by asking people's opinions on an open forum I have a friend what was showing the same symptoms he went to see a gp they sent an ermagncy referral off to get the right help and support he needed now goes to therapy sessions every week and he's in a much better state of mind hope you feel the same soon good luck and hope you get well soon

Back