Jittery recordings

swish

I upgraded from WB5 to WB7, and any recordings that I had, when I replay them they are jittery and have no sound, its like they are being paused every few seconds. I also tried to record something new after upgrading and it's the same. I am only recording fta channels. Anyone have any ideas on how to solve it

Yes its a portable hdd, i have never needed to do any further setups when upgrading before, what do you mean by setting up again

you will be best to ask this in the WBv7 thread although cactikid is correct you should check your HDD is mounted correctly as a starting point

As your box is "seeing" the drive I would suspect it is mounted correctly but it sounds as if it is struggling with something alright, have you tried disabling timeshift ?

As your box is "seeing" the drive I would suspect it is mounted correctly but it sounds as if it is struggling with something alright, have you tried disabling timeshift ?
Thanks, have just tried that, now going to record something and see what it does

I've also had problems with recordings on WB7. Freeview and channels through my line suffered constant jumping when playing back recordings.

I tried reformatting my USB, I tried a different memory stick. I reflashed several times but nothing would fix it.

In the end I went back to WB6 and the problem disappeared.

anytime box is reflashed you start off fresh with no settings restore and setup from scratch initializing your storage devices and making sure there ext3-ext4.

i gave up on usb portables as they dont do the job 100% for sat/cable boxes

Have just tried re-initializing the hdd, and tried to record again, and its exactly the same, its like its in slow motion and no sound. Was perfect on WB5, but WB6 and WB7 it wont seem to play on. Strange!

Yes i went into that and it says error converting ext3 to ext4. Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sda1 ???

Back