Just bought my first receiver!

Hi guys just bought my first receiver, after doing some homework on this forum I decided to buy a blade 5000s, through the link on here too! I'm impressed with the box so far having only just unboxed it, it seems well made unlike some chinese items where the connections are wonky on the back etc, I look forward to getting it all set up, I had to buy a dish too which needs installing, slightly bigger than a sky digi dish so should be fine. I just need some longer ladders! then I will be flashing the firmware and installing the lines etc.

Hopefully all this goes well and I'll buy another 1 maybe 2 more boxes for the bedroom and the living room (this one is going in my mancave / cinema room!)

Phil

If you are thinking of more boxes in the future

you are best using a server who allows multiroom so you can run two boxes off one line.

yeah I was thinking of adding that when I request a line, always better to have it as an option rather than use another server particularly if I get a good one.

Hello Phil,
I know you have set up your new Blade 5000 and I am sure it must be working fine.
At the moment I am having problems setting mine as I just can't access 9991 menu after updating with the firmware. May be I do not have the correct version of the firmware.
I have tried to download from techkings but somehow I am not given the permission which so annoying.
I will grateful to help me to set this box.
Thank you.

Hello Phil,
I know you have set up your new Blade 5000 and I am sure it must be working fine.
At the moment I am having problems setting mine as I just can't access 9991 menu after updating with the firmware. May be I do not have the correct version of the firmware.
I have tried to download from techkings but somehow I am not given the permission which so annoying.
I will grateful to help me to set this box.
Thank you.

press 'Menu' on you're remote first then press 9991 then you will know if you are using the 9991 firmware as the c/s page to input you're line will appear.

If not then you'll have to download it on USB then upload it on you're box.

I think you need to make 9/10 posts before you can download anything from here but im not entirely sure

Thank you for your reply. I have my doubts on all the firmware I have downloaded from different place. This the reason when I enter 9991 all I get Invalid channel.
As you have said I can't down load from Techkings yet. I just to wait or get from different source etc..
Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I have my doubts on all the firmware I have downloaded from different place. This the reason when I enter 9991 all I get Invalid channel.
As you have said I can't down load from Techkings yet. I just to wait or get from different source etc..
Thank you.

have you pressed MENU on the remote first before you press 9991????

it's not like the BM7000s where you just press 9991, you have to press MENU first

Hi,
You know you are like an Angel.
I have sorted all out a big Thanks to you. My trouble was not pressing menu and then enter 9991.
Well done my Angel.
Thank you once again.
Regards,

Back