Just Need A Few Questions Answering

john555

I would just like some information on a few boxes:

1) Blade Stream: What is this exactly? Is it cardsharing, but the video is streamed over the internet? What can you get on the box exactly? Is it similar to XBMC with their "Sky channels" that stop working after a few days. I am thinking about getting one of these, it will save me running another satellite cable to the bedroom. But I want to know what it is first. :)

2) Blade BM5000S (Satellite Receiver): These are single tuner boxes that allow you to card share.

3) Blade BM500S (Satellite Receiver): What is this exactly? Is it an older version of the BM5000S? Is it just a single tuner box that allows cardsharing?

4) Blade BM4000T 500GB (Satellite Receiver): Is this just a twin-tuner Freeview+ HD box? What is the Ethernet port for?

5) Blade BM8000 (Satellite Receiver): Is this like the BM5000S, but with a twin tuner? Basically a cardsharing box that allows you to record one thing and watch something else live.

6) Blade 7000S: I'm confused on this one. As far as I know, it's a cardsharing box, but how many tuners does it have? It says it's a single tuner on Blade's website, but says you can record 2 things at once, which is what I don't understand. "It has one tuner onboard and up to two channels can be recorded while you watch a third, provided all are on the same transponder."

Also, do any of these boxes support a Virgin Media cable connection instead of a Sky Dish? If so, which ones?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back