K9 Webb Protection For Kids

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
I use this webb protection on my kids pc it is free and if you dont want your kids going into certain sites etc well this is perfect for you you can also monitor the webb sites that they are visiting plus if you want the internet on that pc to be shut down at say 9 on a school night then you can set it up to just do that automatically.Here's the link http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

Last edited:
I use this webb protection on my kids pc it is free and if you dont want your kids going into certain sites etc well this is perfect for you you can also monitor the webb sites that they are visiting plus if you want the internet on that pc to be shut down at say 9 on a school night then you can set it up to just do that automatically.Here's the link http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

I may need this for my children in like 10 years from now lol

I was only discussing that recently on another forum moh.

Great piece of software (aside from the argument of it suppressing others rights).

The reason I was looking at it was because a person made a legitimate purchase of a secondhand machine & K9 was installed but the previous owner couldn't remember the password.

K9 is extremely difficult to remove without it & K9 themselves are very reluctant to deal with anyone that can't prove beyond doubt that they were the original installer of the product.

To compound the problem further, the original owner had changed the case at some stage so the original OS Key sticker was not available either. As the PC was originally purchased without backup discs Microsoft refused to authenticate the new install of the OS.

The moral here is this, if you do install K9? make sure to remember the password (y)

-

Thats true G ive installed it on 2 machines it would be a nightmare if the password was forgotten but as i have said i have been using it for 2 or more years and i havent any issues with it plus i think the peace of mind that i have with knowing that my kids are not going to go places on the net intentionally or non intentionally is well worth it and i have it well tested hence i had no issues in posting a link to it in my original post.......please remember peeps as G has pointed out please do not forget the password .

Thats true G ive installed it on 2 machines it would be a nightmare if the password was forgotten but as i have said i have been using it for 2 or more years and i havent any issues with it plus i think the peace of mind that i have with knowing that my kids are not going to go places on the net intentionally or non intentionally is well worth it and i have it well tested hence i had no issues in posting a link to it in my original post.......please remember peeps as G has pointed out please do not forget the password .

Agreed moh, it is a very good piece of software, it really does do what it says on the tin (y)

I can just imagine all the kids that have contacted K9 pretending to be the Mum or Dad LOL!

-

LOL G i would say so and i think the biggest laugh of all is that i have the password taped inside the machine but dont tell the kids that LOL

LOL G i would say so and i think the biggest laugh of all is that i have the password taped inside the machine but dont tell the kids that LOL

Thats priceless moh, that sounds like something I would do!

Had a job a while back involving this program. It was a family pc and K9 had started blocking youtube and a few others and the guy wanted it gone but couldn't remember the password and he couldn't remember the person who installed it and the email they send the password to was the guy who installed it!! I tried every trick in the book and not yet in the book but to no avail. In the end I had to do what I very very rarely succumb to and that was a clean install of Windows. Nasty b'stad of a program if you forget the password!!

Back