Keep Losing EPG

scoob197

TK Veteran
Hi I have a Mut@nt running VIX

EPG all works fine and is set to download after bouquets late at night (saved to the internal hdd) before the box turns itself into DEEP STANDBY

BUT in the morning all EPG has disappeared

I have been through all the settings to refresh and auto save EPG. I have also tried manually loading EPG but nothing (EPG is not saving like it should.)
I have tried deleting then fragmenting the database then re downloading and manually saving.. at this point everything is fine but after the box restarts its all gone again.

Im obviously missing something here, can someone help please

Last edited:
When it does it again check the mount of the hdd for some reason it maybe nocking the hdd out when going in or out of deep standby.

checked that before and picons and tv recordings work fine, thanks for trying to help out tho'

changed file permissions on media/hdd/crossepg and epg.dat to 775 in line with picon folder and all seems to be OK now .. but im not convinced it will stay working

fingers crossed it does

Last edited:
checked that before and picons and tv recordings work fine, thanks for trying to help out tho'

changed file permissions on media/hdd/crossepg and epg.dat to 775 in line with picon folder and all seems to be OK now .. but im not convinced it will stay working

fingers crossed it does

Just a couple of things to check. Even if you have mounted the HDD you need to change the location in the epg settings for it to save to it. Reboot the box go into epg settings and check epg location is HDD not internal flash (move sideways to change) because if it is saving to flash it will obviously wipe epg data when restarted. Another thing just try and mout a usb stick if it has a usb port and again try the same procedure. I remember reading a while back it was recommended to save picons to an external device due to conflicts.

yes it is was set to save to HDD and I think changing permissions as above has fixed the problem

I have also heard that picons and epg are better stored on a usb stick also stops hdd from spinning up all the time

so now I think ive fixed it im gonna mess with it again lol

arrrrghhhh woke up this morning turned box on and no EPG!

if I put into deep standby and turn back on it stays
if I leave the box to turn itself off at night time in the morning EPG is gone

UPDATE

fixed by deleting epg.dat and crossepg folders from media/hdd and run scan again

Last edited:
Back