Keepiing the channel info and epg on cable

Hi There,

Is there a way for the channel info and epg to stay on the cable channels at all ?

Only asking as every time when i go down the cable channels list there is no info at all, so you can't tell what is on each channel, so i just start watching any channel and then wait several minutes for them all to populate.

Sly channel info is fine all the time by the way.

Thanks.

That's the same as me leaving on any cable channel and waiting 5 minutes. I have to this every day so I know what's on each channel.

Is there no trick to keep it populated all the time like the sly one is.

thanks

Yes use autotimers to zap to vm preview channel for about 5 minutes every morning.

---------- Post Merged at 12:30 PM ----------

Or use epgrefresh that does the same you set it to zap to vm preview plus you can press epgrefresh now and that will goto vm preview channel straight away

Ok great I'll have a look.

cheers for your help. (y)

---------- Post Merged at 03:09 PM ----------

Ok I've installed the epgrefresh plugin but it seems you can only add to favourites per channel.

is there a way to add say a folder e.g. Hd channels, or when you select providers then add cable to favourites.

i can only highlight individual channels to favoutites.

thanks.

Last edited:
in edit services choose editing channels the goto the all channels bouquet an choose the vm preview channel this has all the transponders

Bingo, yes I was being a bit silly trying to add all of the channels and I only needed to add the vm preview one.

i blame the heat :)

thanks again.

---------- Post Merged at 04:46 PM ----------

Oh boy, I'm getting confused again, I can't seem to get out of the epgrefresh configuration screen now, it says it's refreshing the vm preview channel when I go into edit services, so I select ok, I then select ok again to get out of the plugin but it comes up with there is still a refresh running, but it's only set for the default duration of 120 seconds, I thought that meant get the epg info for 2 minutes ?

how long is it refreshing for, and how do I get out of the plugin menu and back to tv ?

Its been refreshing for ages now.

thanks.

I got in quite a pickle here, for some reason I got stuck in a loop, it was not refreshing anything even though it was set to. so I done a deep shutdown and tried again and it's ok now. I've just set it refresh between 5:30 - 6:00 for a duration of 4 minutes, and not bothered with the advanced settings for now, I looked in there but did not need to touch it.

I assume it will stay on standby even while refreshing in the morning.

I'm now off the set this up on my second box.

thanks again.

---------- Post Merged at 06:10 PM ----------

Second box set up fine first time.

Might need to try auto timers I think, as the epgrefresh is not working very well, by the time I get home from work only some epg info is there for some channels. Most are still blank which is strange as its set for 4 minutes on the vm preview channel at 5:30am each day ?

Back