Known Faults

Are there any known faults with this receiver. The reason I ask is that I have a couple of issues already.

Using the pre-installed OpenATV 4.2 the signal strength of the cable feed is showing as 29% even though the signal is good. The channels all seem to work OK though.

The other big issue is that the positioner does not seem to work correctly. I managed to get the dish to move Thor and did a scan and that brought in 300 plus channels so all seemed OK. The signal strength was again on the low side at 60% so I tried to fine tune the position. The dish would not move. I setup another dozen or so satellites with different position numbers and then tried to move the dish around to store the various positions. The dish wont move. I can manually move the dish using the buttons on the back of the positioner so the power is there.
No idea what is wrong. I am using the same settings as I use on a another Enigma 2 setup that I have and the positioner itself has worked perfectly well before using other receivers.

Hi thanks for the reply.

No I'm not using usals, not sure that the positioner is compatible and always used it in plain old disesq 1.2 mode.

no dish is set up ok. Just rebooted the box and it is working again on 1 west. Also just got it to move to 4.8 East so it looks ok for now. will report back tomorrow when I get a chance to do the rest of the satellites.

Thanks

Finally managed ti get 28 East to 1 West setup and all working well, don't know why but it did seem to completely ignore any signal from Astra 1 and 2 at one point but all coming in load and clear now. Cable is still showing very low signal between 17 and 29% but no issues with picture so it would seem to be openATV that is not showing the correct signal levels.

Hello Svenlorenz. I am using Open Pli 4 and i'm having the same issues with the cable tuner. It goes from 29% to 17% and 0 but the picture stays really steady. I read somewhere that it's probably a driver fault. Hopefully it can be fixed.

Hello Svenlorenz. I am using Open Pli 4 and i'm having the same issues with the cable tuner. It goes from 29% to 17% and 0 but the picture stays really steady. I read somewhere that it's probably a driver fault. Hopefully it can be fixed.

It is a driver fault and has been reported to Airsat

It is a driver fault and has been reported to Airsat

I am having same problem with Open ATV and OpenVix images , I have an H1 box which is solid 98% and works well however the H2 with same Cam freezes now and then

This is not a driver fault it maybe server or internet or cam My guess server problem none are 100%

Back