Kodi and VPN- Advice wanted

adaml87

Hi All,

I have read alot recently that it is advisable to buy a VPN to hide your internet traffic whilst using Kodi.

Do any of you have any experience of using the VPN? If so, is it recommended to buy some sort of VPN?

I use PIA for my VPN. Just downloaded the app onto my android boxes and switch it on everytime I stream.
VPN's are cheap and for the peace of mind alone worth it my eyes.

VyprVPN very good and good site with guides to input into various devices/routers. Or ZenMate quick and easy for just the laptop.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Best thing to look for mate is no logs saved by vpn and vpn company located in a country where there is no uk/us involvement so can't demand your info about online activities

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

Ghost VPN it has free servers and you can download the apk for free and bounce on to for example a Spanish server.

Ghost VPN it has free servers and you can download the apk for free and bounce on to for example a Spanish server.
Is that the one you have to wait 2-3 min to get online or am I thinking of something else?

Ive just got a vpn router, best thing ever!
So everything in my house connected to it uses the vpn, its running all the time no need to be turning it on everytime you start to stream because its always on, best thing ive ever bought,
tell us more ?

make/model/price etc

Im not at home this min will pop some pics up later, i got it from liberty shield,
It replaces your existing router, so connect all your devices wirelessly with your own password and all your wired (ethernet) devices, anything connected runs through the vpn so all internet traffic Is anonymous and secure, by logging into your account you can change the location to various ones around the world, its great,

There's all sorts you can buy that'll do it. Easiest way is find one that's dd-wrt or tomato compatible, flash it with one or the other, then your provider will (if they're good anyway) have a guide on how to add your VPN to your router.

I think you can only have one of the servers at once (you can obviously switch them in your router settings down the line) but I could be wrong.

I use pia and only can use one server location until I switch it in router setup page, a few teething problems but that's mainly down to other sites not liking the vpn and of course DNS issues

I find its ok for kodi and a little bit of torrenting but it can be hit and miss for netflix. Picked it up on a cyber sunday/monday deal for just over £20 so cant go wrong. With all the talk of big brother watching what your streaming/downloading it gives you piece of mind.

Ive just got a vpn router, best thing ever!
So everything in my house connected to it uses the vpn, its running all the time no need to be turning it on everytime you start to stream because its always on, best thing ive ever bought,
Do you have more info interested in something like this

Like the idea of the router but just looking at that liberty router and it only allows up to 30Mbps through it which is not great especially if you are using multiple devices.

Has anyone used Nordvpn? Looks good and seems a decent price and does not keep logs. I thought about Ipvanish but heard it can be pretty slow?

Back