Kodi backup not working

gilvey

TK Veteran
Hi running kodi17.6 on firestick. Trying to restore my build using backup but it keeps coming up "backup error check log" nothing in log except kodi started
Internet fine as I'm watching streams through perfect player on it.
Any help appreciated

Must be a wider issue, as my Kodi 17.6 on a Mac is doing the same. Tried 17.5 without success. You can unzip your backup (if you normally zip it) and copy/paste it to the Kodi folder on your Firestick.

Worked fine last night, been down all day today. I used adbfire to restore my build but that is shite for the backup as it takes ages to backup. Restore pretty quick though

Yeah, not sure what's going on. I completely uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled it. The only addon I installed then was Backup and the error was still there. It does seem to be some communication issue between Backup and wherever it connects to - which is surprising as you wouldn't expect it to communicate with anyone/thing.
Indigo has a backup/restore option if you need it, otherwise it's a manual job.

Strange, mine worked. Ares has a backup option as well, although I like to keep my builds light and don't like installing loads of stuff so I haven't installed it.

I can't see why they need a source - it's a bit of a worry because it makes you think about what information they are finding out about you.

I think the best bet is to go to your Kodi folder using ADBLink or something similar and copying the files/folder. A PITA.

BTW, Indigo has just worked for me.

Yep, that's it. Just got to update about a dozen devices now!

Update - I'm still having problems on some devices.

Last edited:
Not every one - my new Fire Stick still has the problem but my Mac on a 'not fresh' install is ok now. A bit of tinkering on my part needed.

Back