kodi mxq advise

foxyearth

hi i am in need of advise i have a kodi mxq never used bought brand new someone put merlin on it total useless its been in the cuboard since i got it out last wk followed instructions on youtube trying to wipe the box clean which was ok all i can see on the kodi box now is all the squares on your settings and stuff lol sorry am a techno phob absolutley useless :) i would love to get the box up and running again for a friend thats done me a massive favour when i bought a new box this week a different one to kodi but do not no were to even start would some kind person just nudge me in the right drection i have not a clue someone did say on youtube you have ut kodi tv back on first im not sure on anything at all help plz needed lol :):grin:

Foxyearth , just make sure it's kodi 16.1 jarvis you download as you can see in DaiBandos link , you box is an mxq which more than light have the old 4 kit kat firmware , you need 5 lollipop or above to run kodi krypton 17 , you can get 16.1 jarvis from the kodi.tv link and download the andriod arm version .........

lol its my own fault this has happened to the box i did a complete factory reset of the box and nothing on it now and not much idea how get anything back on it only me can do that lol

when we switch he box on we get six boxes on the screen which are online video ,my recomend ,settings, my apps, which shows the android man, local, and clean memory , were can i go from here then to et the box up and running again i hav no idea lol x

OK what you have is the home seen that's OK , what you need to do now is download kodi 16 jarvis , go to your apps and open google or your Web browser , type in kodi.tv , then look for kodi 16 jarvis in the download section , make sure it's the arm version you download , Ps you might get a message to allow unknown sources if so go to settings on main page , then OTHERS , scroll down to SECURITRY, then tick the box for unknown sources to allow kodi to install , once you have kodi downloaded and installed you can then take the next step installing the addons ...........
Ps . Just make sure it's kodi 16 jarvis not kodi 17 krypton that only works on boxes with lollipop 5 or 6 firmware

think the box is no good now to be honest cant even connect to google on it everything seems to be wiped out on it :(

If you are able to view the home screen,the box is fine.All you need to do is download the kodi 16 apk file on your laptop or pc and put it on a memory stick and then insert the stick into the usb port on the box and load from there.Simple.

lol will check the internet on it in a bit but downloaded the apk file to my laptop so its just a case of how it goes on a memory stick now honestly im rubbish at techno hehe :)

Have you had a look in my apps to see if kodi is not there?Normally when you do a factory reset on these boxes it will load everything back on ,so worth looking.

Back