Kodi on Firestick - Really laggy

Yoda99

Hi all

I've had a firestick for a year or so and all i really use it for is films/tv series catch ups etc.

I am running the latest version 17.3 Krypton.

Trouble is lately it is REALLY slow to respond to clicks from the remote and takes and awful long time searching then displaying results.

Is there anything i can do to speed up response times or something i am currently doing wrong? My internet speed is not a problem however i am not using a VPN - not sure if this would actually make things slower though as i did try ipvanish for a while on it and it didnt seem any different.

Basically I was using exodus and now and using covenant mainly. Not got a lot installed on it to be honest although i did have ares build on it at one stage - now just normal as far as i am aware but my mate installed it so i have no idea if the Ares build has been removed properly - thinking about it as i am writing maybe i could do a factory reset somehow and that would improve things??

I just dont get why it used to be fine when i first got it and now it seems as laggy as ever (i do delete cache too).

Any help or advice appreciated...

Cheers

Did you also delete the data when clearing cache before installing kodi 17.3 as this is normally recommended. Have a look at the Paradox build pal they update their builds regularly.

See how much memory and cache you have used leave your finger on home button settings >manage installed applications> you can clear cache and remove old apps from there

I have same problem but I'm with bt. Covenant on the firestick is basically unusable, same with kodi every button press takes an age to do sonething. Firestick can't be at fault as I use it for iptv and it's perfect for that plus other things like sh**box and ter***ium tv.....just seems to be kodi with issues.

I have same problem but I'm with bt. Covenant on the firestick is basically unusable, same with kodi every button press takes an age to do sonething. Firestick can't be at fault as I use it for iptv and it's perfect for that plus other things like sh**box and ter***ium tv.....just seems to be kodi with issues.
There clamping down on everything kodi mate hence all the problems with kodi addons that's where it's most and probably like it is have you tried updating your build see if that makes a difference

Tried that, I even just have Kodi running with Covenant as the only add on, nothing else on there and it's still the same, I think Kodi has had it's day.

Ya 3rd party kodi dying a death. Most are using a apk with spmc fork and runs better on a fire stick. Spmc is tailored for android devices so runs that bit better. I find anyway

I found updating the build you have on generally helps kodi but tbh I think there's something to do with the firesticks them selfs and behind the scenes at kodi cause it's even Lagg on some android boxes and Lagg on my phone

I found updating the build you have on generally helps kodi but tbh I think there's something to do with the firesticks them selfs and behind the scenes at kodi cause it's even Lagg on some android boxes and Lagg on my phone

I have given up with Kodi for that reason. I now use other apps to get movies and tv....less hassle and just as good.

Back