KODI V PERFECT PLAYER

Taylerlee

Just set up a new android box initially used Kodi (17.4 build) ran iptv very well but not got a proper epg. So I install Perfect Player and after setting it up was well pleased with the epg. Then started watching sly and I get constant stopping / starting, flick back onto kodi not one glitch. I passed between the kodi and perfect app several times but perfect was rubbish. I even checked my magbox and siptv neither of which had any problems. Has anyone had any similar experience and managed to solve it as the epg is great but great ends there!

Did you change the decoding to hardware? You could use same epg url you use in Kodi if simple client as using in PP. Realise though you may be using providers Kodi app...

Last edited:
No I left it on auto should I change it? The kodi was already installed on the box I thought I would change the build when I had more time.

Sorry Bangord just noticed your comment re simple client. The build I have doesnt have simple client anywhere. Another reason why I will eventually uninstall it for another.

Thanks Bangord will do that, I just followed a tutorial telling me to put it to auto. Thanks to you also Teddybloat however I previously tried this but there is no TV option in my version, it does not correspond with the instructions.
And change PP decoding to hardware yes

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Tried changing hardware just the same still glitching badly

If by blockers you mean the parental guidence stuff its all turned off. As to Ip flooding is that a setting on the router? like ip flooding detection? Not really sure what to do here if you could give me some guidance please. Thanks in advance.As I said initially dont have any trouble with anything else but Perfect Player and would not like to do anything that upset the balance I can live without it easily just annoying dont like to be beat!

Yes virus safe and kids safe in your account settings.

Ip flooding yes look on your router.

These settings should all be off if use IPTV or CS anyway...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Kodi now working great with simple client pvr had to go down the route of unistalling the version that came with the box. As for Perfect Player despite the patience and advice of bangord, advice I might add I have followed I have given up and uninstalled it. Just an extra on the Kodi it seems most people advise unistalling bundled version of kodi.

Hi Taylerlee, sorry to jump in on your post but where did you get the files from to install simple pvr client? I have uninstalled vuplus pvr client and can't find any repository to re-install from. I suspect they should all be accessible from the same repository.

I would also recommend that you try stbemu for iptv as I have it running really smoothly on a gen2 firestick, it is excellent for basic tv viewing although it might not be good enough if you need all the epg stuff working perfectly but I don't seem to have many glitches when using it.

Basically I didnt, apparently there are problems with some bundled kodi builds you get on android boxes. So with that in mind I uninstalled the original Kodi (17.4) and installed 17.6 from playstore which as expected had simple pvr client already built in. I use kodi for iptv some of the time but I also have stbemu on the android box as well using the same mac address as my magbox on another tv. I like the emulator for the vod its a nice clean, quick interface. Just digressing I have not worked out yet why when I use the emulator and then switch it off and use the other tv with the magbox the magbox has frozen but just takes a quick reboot to be up and running again. However it doesnt do it the other way round if I use the magbox, switch it off then use the stbemu that works straight away. Must be a simple explanation?

Back