Kodi VPN

A router is the only way with the 1st gen sticks... until someone finds a way to root the latest firmware at least. Depending on what kind of speed you need you can get Xiaomi Mi WiFi 3 router for £20-25 and install Padavan via Prometheus script... got around 13mb/s(openvpn connection) in a speed test.

If you want more speed it will cost a lot more, there's ones for £50-60 that might be able to give you 30mb/s if you know where to look(openwrt have a recommended list on their site), it's a shame that's the best it gets without spending 100s it really doesn't seem like router CPUs are utilized properly via current methods(never seen my dual core pushed past 18% in a speed test).
No vpn will work with first generation firestick only on the ones with alexa I think she's called or fire tv box got Android box works mint I did try to say in earlier post vpn dosnt work with first gen firestick but must have been misunderstanding lol

also be aware that if you use kodi to play your own movies/tv from another pc via network share , the vpn on your box will block this.

Very useful thread, id been recommended PIA by a couple of people, i emailed them and they told me it couldnt be used on iorestick, seems as though it can... i have the latest one with alexa.

Very useful thread, id been recommended PIA by a couple of people, i emailed them and they told me it couldnt be used on iorestick, seems as though it can... i have the latest one with alexa.
It can be used with firesticks that you have I have it on mine in kids bedroom

I
I Use pia and you can have 5 devices on it at once pay £6 a month for it

is there a free vpn for the firesticks? or do i have to pay it? if so can i use it on as many firsticks as possible lol

thanks in advance

is there a free vpn for the firesticks? or do i have to pay it? if so can i use it on as many firsticks as possible lol

thanks in advance
If it not voice controlled fire stick (one with alexa) you can't have a vpn the free vpn still share data and can be checked your best with a paid one I use pia on 5 devices at same time £6 a month theres hide my ass ip vanish I would rather pay then use a free one

I used NordVPN which have an android app which i think is supposed to be for use on phones but works great on my MXQ 4.4.2

Buddy, I am Using ExpressVPN for my Kodi, and I am using Firestick.
If you want to install Kodi on Fire Stick you can follow these steps:

1. Allow your Amazon box to install apps from unknown sources. If you have the new Fire Stick interface, this is found through Settings > Device > Developer Options. If you have the old interface, this is found through Settings > System > Developer options.
  2. Launch the Amazon Appstore and search for the app Downloader and install this onto your device.
  3. Launch the Downloader App and click on Settings and click on Enable Javascript. Click Yes when the warning message pops up.
  4. Go back to the Home screen in the Downloader app and click on the http:// address bar and enter in the following URL: http://kodi.tv/download and click Go.
  5. A Javascript disabled warning may come up, just click OK.
  6. Scroll down the Kodi website that opens up and click Android and then scroll down and click on ARMV7A (32 bit)
  7. Wait for your version of Kodi to finish downloading. Once it is done, scroll down and click Install to install Kodi on Fire Stick.
Steps were taken from http://koditips.com/

Last edited:
Back