kryptview a780 problem

cactikid what do you mean not a box problem on the 780

I think what cacti means is that the box isn't at fault, but something to do with the connection to the cable network.

If your 750 is able to recieve no channels due to no Network ID's being found then that would mean there's a problem with both your 750 and 780 which is kind of hard to believe IMO. I'm not quite sure what the problem is here, i've been following the thread for a few days but haven't quite come up with anything useful to say. I hope you do get it sorted soon though.

Reinstall the latest firmware,I now don't think it's the tuner not with both boxes not working

If the 750 & 780 don't work and the VM box does,scan from a direct feed from the wall socket [no splitter] using the same cable that was used on the VM box.

go and scan at another house that has a live feed.is it a new way of stopping boxes from working?
firmware wont stop channels from scanning in,even fta will scan in all channels.

Last edited:
mine was the same mate try this menu del all chanels when done press exit then turn box off turn box bk on should pick up network if not re flash it

hello everyone just got in from work , downloaded fta software from a good source thanks lac ,this morning and flashed the box ,think there might be a cable problem because tried the same cable as vm box ,still nothing, and tried what you said wozza ,still the same,my mate is back from hols soon so if i can not sought it i will try at his place , going to try the fta software in the morning as just got in and got to eat starving so will let you guys no asap, anymore ideas let me no and i will try it, never had any problem before saturday ,vm installed a new box etc to a neighbour + new wiring to the main box in the street so maybe they messed up something

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

just went to check the a780 with the fta firmware, by mistake plugged in my second a750 box ,thought i had soughted it as i got all fta channels, then realised the misses had moved my boxes and it was wrong box ,scanned the a780 and got no channels, nothing ,no splitters, from main feed ,no lan, tried ntl-free-instead of network nothing ,then tried ntl-network- no network id ,same tps allready exists , i am sure its got to be the box going to send a email to the company i brought it from see what they say, have brought from them for a few years so fingers crossed they might exchange it,anyway just keeping you up to date.

so your 750 has now found channels is that what you are saying? while scanning it should list radio and tv channels,if it lists say 200+ channels,good and if the 780 does not find anything it would look like tuner gone in box.

no cactikid my second 750 picked up channels did not scan just plugged it in still has old firmware on it from before nag3, the first 750 still wont pick up fta , and the a780 picks up nothing so think something wrong with cable feed.only when scanning.

no cactikid my second 750 picked up channels did not scan just plugged it in still has old firmware on it from before nag3, the first 750 still wont pick up fta , and the a780 picks up nothing so think something wrong with cable feed.only when scanning.

Hmmm, with that being said, maybe you could try scanning it over at a friends house? and if all works well, it might just begin to work when you bring it home as all channels would have been stored already?

can i laugh now or later lol,possible they scan in elsewhere but will vanish when plugged into home feed,as box scans in standby,its a strange one until scanned elsewhere,

going to try at my mates on sunday if he will let me ,will let you no, i am stumped on what is going on think vm have messed up cable as phone line gone down twice today and bb playing up.

sounds like they did something wrong if bb is wonky tell them come back out again,and your having problems with your vm box YES YES;)kv removed also.and phone crashed.

due to come back wednesday, never turned up,the misses phoned they said be there thursday afternoon,no joy ,now friday nothing as of yet ,excellent service.

just a update have taken the box to a mates place ,still getting nothing, going to contact supplier see what they say, if not might have to think about the blade media.

did you take the 750 with you also or is that working or not?,does he have a box working at his place also?

no did not take the 750 ,have 2, 750 boxes so might take one over and try it,used 1 750 to scan last week now cannot get any channels on it ,but the second box works ok with old firmware,my mate used to have a box but it stopped working nag3 ,his cable feed is ok ,the a780 just does not get any network id same as at my place,emailed my supplier but as i said only 6 months warranty so not very hopeful.

just had another thought reflash firmware on box using the 780 jan file,make sure it is the780 for the 780 model,when done power off at back after box reboots
hook up lan and see if you can s/w update to the latest,when box reboots remove lan and go to the main feed and plug in coaxial only and scan on all providers if needed,having factory reset and powered off at back for a min then on

will try cactikid what you suggest, tried something similar couple days ago ,put jan firmware on then updated via net then rebooted nothing ,but will try your way,will not hurt think box is knackered.

tried all the ideas you suggested cactikid but still nothing works ,sent a email to supplier yesterday ,they have not contacted me today probably just going to ignore me, since they have had my money.going to give up on it ,thanks everyone for your ideas .

no never got it sorted, took the box over to my mates and tried, nothing, i think the problem is as soon as you reset ,back to factory default and rescan.
tried again yesterday nothing.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

tried manually adding ,frequency mhz for my area ,the symbol rate is right ,modulation is right,and manually scanning ,did not work.what have you tried.

Back