Laptop help please

gregnic32

l have loaded a training dvd on to my laptop but when l try to open it l get the following message: "Windows cannot open the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". l assume its a user issue but l am not sure how to sort it, running windows 7 on a dell laptop if that helps. Any advice welcome, thanks.

At a guess you say your trying to open it,i think no as its a dvd do you not play it instead like in media player or other?

I put the dvd in the laptop and ran the program to load it which takes about 20 minutes which should have loaded the program on the pc but when l try to use it l get the message l posted earlier

I put the dvd in the laptop and ran the program to load it which takes about 20 minutes which should have loaded the program on the pc but when l try to use it l get the message l posted earlier

what program did u use to load it , 20 minute seems a long time to load a dvd on a laptop, r u sure disk is not faulty , scratched , dirty ,

It’s a brand new disk about driving instructing which has a lot of information so takes a while to load, no scratches etc. Didn’t use any program to load, just put in the disc and followed the instructions

try copying the contents of dvd to a folder on pc then try running from folder, sounds to me theres a fualt somewhere,
i usually extract dvd using power iso to folder on pc then run them from there

Back