latest cable boxes to go for??

brad-spit

allright all, back on cable box scene after a spell away just wondering which cable box is the one to get these days? was a starview user until it went nag 3. kyrptview 780 seems to be the one to get? any recomendations? cheers brad....

Hey brad, the Starview is having a lot of problems at the moment, so if that is your preferred option, I would hold off for a while until the problems are sorted. the Kryptview has had it's share of problems but seems to be working out now.
It might be an idea to hold off for a few weeks to see how the situation pans out

allright all, back on cable box scene after a spell away just wondering which cable box is the one to get these days? was a starview user until it went nag 3. kyrptview 780 seems to be the one to get? any recomendations? cheers brad....
I have seen the KV 780 in operation and it looks pretty good to me.

Dont buy starview 7 they are ridiculous and the level off service is non exsistent
Kryptview better service
i bought 3 starview 7 about 6 weeks ago and have not been able to connect them even now they aint working
i bought a kryptview this week absolutely amazing no problems waht so ever

Personally wouldn't go anywhere near either.

If you have a sat dish up have a look at the Blade Media 7000s. HD box and costs the same as a Kryptview but much better.

I doubt anything out there will come close to the picture quality of a BM for the same money.

sat box sub?

thanks for the replys guys. i have an old sky dish still but do i have to have a sky sub to use the blade box? im on virgin atm so not wanting to fork out for sly as well at least with the cable boxes u just need a live feed and ur good to go so if i buy the blade box hook it up to sat dish and router i wont get channels unless i have a sky sub?

Sat side uses c/s. I have seen quotes between £10 - 15 per month,
more channels than cable, can't confirm that, just read threads on various
forums,trick seems to be to get a decent pay server with no
glitching, freezing. Kryptview has no extra fees once you have the box.
Nobody can tell you how long you will get out of them. I have got one and am pleased
with it but if it folds I will go sat route, if I hadn't bought already I would probably still have gone the cable route only cos I have'nt got an existing
dish to use, and I am more familiar with that side

thanks bud i too have more experience with cable and as u say no more expense once box is bought so guess ill be getting the kryptview

starview where originally alot cheaper than kV boxs even though they where packed with more usabilty I.E pvr option update via USB although was supposed to be a one year box and then bin and buy a new one. KV are more a basic box the a780 being most current only SD and originally needs flashed with null modem cable however after this any updates can be downloaded directly from server from the menu saving a lot of hassle and although only SD gives reasonable picture and a lot more reliable and professional than SV and if you are in no immediate hurry hang off as rumours of a KVHD box coming soon with more functionality like PVR functions as well WATCH THIS SPACE

Hi All ... first time to use your forum ,, can anyone say if these boxes work in Australia,(KV A870) was thinkin of buying one..
any replies greastly appreciated .

Added after 4 minutes:

Sorry , i ment the Kryptview A780, not 870 ... cheers

Last edited:
Back