latest vix image for octagon sf2028

Hello i have bought an octagon sf2028 hd box but it never had a vix image installed can someone give me a step by step guide on how to install a vix image on this box please

Dude im starting to think there isnt 1 out there for you. Ive googled away and checked wos too. Did u find 1?

Found this repeated all over net

OCTAGON is a leading manufacturer of satellite technology. Since 2005, develops and produces OCTAGON products in the field of consumer electronics. The final assembly and quality testing of the satellite receiver made ​​in their own factory in Germany.
focal distributor is the group of companies VCM, which stands for service and quality for over three decades. - ARM Cortex-A9 Core 1500 DMIPS (OpenGL ES 2.0) - Entropic CPU 600 MHz performance processor - 256MB Flash + 512MB RAM - Full TWIN HDTV PVR Receiver (2x DVB-S/S2) - H.264 / MPEG4 - HD / SD, DVB-S2 tuner - 10 digit alphanumeric VFD Display (Blue ) - Flureszierende buttons on the remote (CH + & Vol +, self-luminous) - e-SATA connection for hard disk drive (HDD) - 3D to 2D & 2D to 3D Converter - 16xLIVE PIP (Picture-in-Picture) SD - 4xLIVE PIP (Picture-in-Picture) HD - ADL - Advertising Zapper function (O-ZAP) - USB WebCam Support & Home Monitoring - SD card reader (Front) - 2 x USB 2.0 port (MP3 Player & JPEG Viewer) - CI Slot + Card Reader - 10,000 program slots for TV & Radio - UNICABLE & Fast Scan support - Blind scan (SD / HD) Hardware Support - Time-shifting with external HDD e-SATA & USB 2.0 - 4 channels simultaneously recording (e-SATA) - NTFS, FAT32 and EXT2 / 3 Support (partition possible) - Easy recording programming from the EPG - Media Player & Media Server support (Xvid, MKV, etc..) - Ethernet interface (10/100Mbps LAN) - Wi-Fi & 3G Modem Support via USB connection - YouTube & Free WEB TV Support (iMedia Portal) - Web browser support (Internet Browser) - Internet TV + (IPTV) & free TV + Addon Support - Weather forecast function - Web Radio (Internet Radio +) Function - Keyboard & Mouse

But on any of them it doesnt say enigma 2 or mention openpli/vix etc. Sure its open source?

---------- Post Merged at 08:48 PM ----------

Not looking good. Found german forum but you'll need to run translation to read it. I think its closed software. Pmd the link

been on that forum mate but its not been much help tried to connect to the box via ftp,telnet and bream box can get it to connect to the box but theres no files to access

---------- Post Merged at 08:58 PM ----------

there is a guy on gumtree selling them with it running the sky channels asked him for help but he wants me to send the box to him to code it for £80 plus pay £15 for the p&p

Its doing my head in cant figure out how to load a line onto the box

---------- Post Merged at 09:43 PM ----------

EVEN THE GERMAN FORUMS ARE NOT MUCH HELP

Thank you mate info on this box is pretty much non existent lol

---------- Post Merged at 09:59 PM ----------

surely there must be some way to hack it to unlock my channels

These are not open source there Linux based. The only problem i have is i cant get access to iptv except for the channels they gave in the Fw release, No one channel or bbci player etc. Any advice on that would be great :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back