1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG tv 55UB820V help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by damiank250, May 10, 2018.

1. damiank250

damiank250 Registered

Good evening had this tv for 3 years , I’ve got a vertical line running down the screen top to bottom as pictured . Any advice on how to fix welcome

Attached Files:

2. Zakutd

Zakutd Forum Supporter

Think that's gonna need a screen replacement mate
    I had same problem on a 60" hitachi plasma years ago and the only fix was a screen replacement and would of cost pretty much the same price as buying a new TV. Don't know how much a screen would cost nower days for yours,you would have to get a quote and go from there

3. damiank250

damiank250 Registered

That’s what I was fearing , 3 years old it’s crazy !

4. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

at your own risk lol

lg tvs would always come back with issues under warranty,one reason i bought panasonic and pioneer kuro.

TheSource and Zakutd like this.
  5. Zakutd

Zakutd Forum Supporter

With the World Cup coming up think there'll be a lot of deals/sales on TVs so you might pick one up a bit cheaper on sale. Maybe have a look at Argos as they have different offers each week and if you get a store card you can pay over 9 or 12 months so your not paying out a lump sum in one go

pabloescaban likes this.
  6. hedges2016

hedges2016 Registered

Male
  7. healey82

healey82 Registered

It is not worth replacing screens nowadays unless it is under guarantee. The cost of the screen and the labour to fit it would cost more than a new TV.

8. gravehead

gravehead TK Veteran

{stonemason
    1200px-Brick.jpg Easy fix!!

9. wooshman

wooshman VIP Member Forum Supporter

{Bodge Builder
    UK
    I think the brick method can sometimes make the lines seem slightly worse than they were to start with. The breeze block method however is much softer and less lightly to scratch the surface as it passes through the screen.

gravehead likes this.
  10. damiank250

damiank250 Registered

Ok well I’m away next week , local tv repair charge £20 for inspection so will see what they say for the sake of £20, is richer sounds with their long warranty offers the best way to go in future ?

11. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

Some others might do an extra warranty and not just 1 year but 5,so worth it if paying.luckily i had it on a cheap tv that failed around 2 years.

12. thecrazybandit

thecrazybandit Registered

Male
    I always take out a 5 year Warranty and nearly every time i have had to claim on the cheaper tvs I am Using Panasonic at the moment so far they have been very good no problems and come with 5 year warranty as standard

13. DAKTARIN

DAKTARIN Registered

Male
    Get a wii mote and Chuck it at the screen,claim on your accidental house insurance

14. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

oops broken wii mote as hopped off screen:D

15. thecrazybandit

thecrazybandit Registered

Male
  16. TheSource

TheSource Registered

People have suggested the brick/baseball method but it takes some effort and a few swings this is a quick alternative.

house-fire.jpg

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  17. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

ahh so another issue with not using surge protection.:D

TheSource likes this.
  18. ratour

ratour Registered

Erm you could accidentally drop it while moving it and claim it off your home insurance. If you are covered for accidental damage.

Just a thought. Although these days you can pick a 50" tv for £500 so hardly seems worth it.