Line test, help needed (Openbox V8S)!

Hi guys,

I am a total newbie but on wednesday I guy 3 open boxes v8s installed by a guy off gumtree, all seemed to be working fine, had channels which I didn't have before like racing uk, however today I tried putting cartoons on for my daughter and channels were scrambled, I rebooted box no joy, so I tried box in other room was just the same, I think my sly TV was due to be cut off around now anyway so not sure what is wrong, if he didn't do anything then I wouldn't of had racing UK, box nation etc?

Anyway I PM'd Reaper and he suggested the guy might of done a runner as phones off but suggested I post here and ask someone to do a line test, would someone be able to do this for me? I have no idea anything about these boxes which was why I opted to have it put in for me, just so frustrated now my kids can't watch cartoons and that guy has turned phone off!

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me!

Matt

Have a look to see if your line is offline.
Goto Menu > Network settings (last icon on right) > Camds Setup (if you dont see this press 6666 on remote) > CCcam Client Setup > Manage Config Files > CCcam.cfg > Does it show online ?

Hi strange I went to check what you said, I put on a sports channel and the channel came on, all seems to be ok now, any idea why channels could of been scrambled all day, does this happen often I hope its not a regular occurrence as I watch my tele daily!

If you want the look of a slyTV box with those kinda features then your looking at a Enigma 2 box like a Vu Duo, Xpeed LX2 or zgemma S2. These have twin tuners so you can record 1 channel while watching another, pause/rewind live TV, EPG etc etc

Hi strange I went to check what you said, I put on a sports channel and the channel came on, all seems to be ok now, any idea why channels could of been scrambled all day, does this happen often I hope its not a regular occurrence as I watch my tele daily!

it happens from time to time, so u need to accept it! you could add/pay for another line from a different supplier as a back up, so the times it happens are reduced - a few people do that OR subscribe to a well known company?

As MisterB says try having a second line installed from a different suplier. If it becomes a regular thing tho I'd look at getting a new supplier.

Great thanks, I'll look into this.

Any preference on those boxes you listed above which one is best? Are they easy to set up, these open boxes I had installed but I will probably look to do it all myself next time?

I'm having the same problem, all channels are scambled, on a V8S, when I follow Bugsy2015's instructions I get Active showing at the bottom, but it also says offline on the C: Server

1 C: Server 085234 24009 Offline Check(tick) mark

Any suggestuions please

Thanks for the reply, but I'm sorry, but I do not know what you mean by "try a new line", there is only one entry showing. In fact I do not know what "line" means in this instance.
Can you explain what I should do, or is there a thread for beginners that I could have a look at?

The active at the bottom is just so you can set that line as active or not. The 1 C: Server 085234 24009 Offline is your line (server login that you got) and it shows as offline so you cant connect to it.
If you got your box with a "gift" aka line already on it off ebay etc chances are the "gift" has been cancelled.
Try posting in this thread for a test line. READ THE 1ST POST to see what you need to do http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...-pay-server-request-only-november-2015-a.html
If you need to know how to add it there are dozens of posts already explaining it on the forum.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the explanation, and you are correct, that's what I did, got it as a "gift", so it may have expired, got it on Amazon.

Thanks again for your help

Do as bugsy2015 said and request a new line/gift

As you purchased from Amazon then yes there is a very high chance your "gift" has ended, I've never met anyone who purchased a line from ebay or Amazon thats lasted the length of time offered.

Here is an easy and quick check before getting another line

Check if you have the weather app running,

no weather app no internet to the box, therefore you will get offline
and scrambled channels.

weather app working, line was previously working but now offline, it's probably your server at fault.

Last edited:
Back