Line will not clear

Janso

TK Veteran
My dad has two boxes, one with one line and one with another from another server. Around about the same time tonight, both stopped working - neither of them have expired, and one of them (haven't had a response off the owner of the other server yet) is showing as though I haven't been trying to connect to the server.

I've rebooted the softcam, tried in a different softcam, tried a new mg_cfg file from here, rebooted the box, but neither line from either server will connect. I know the boxes have connectivity as I can watch IPTV and watch IPTV player films on them.

The cable connections are nice and tight as well, so I'm beyond puzzled here.

The one thing I haven't tried yet is rebooting the router, but I can't do that right now as I had to stick something on on Plex to keep people happy in the interim... but is there anything else I can try in the mean time?

if you can watch iptv suggests a network test would return all as green,what boxes are they?presume no issues with internet providers with this storm?

Yep, network connection is fine, I can ftp to them and as I say watch IPTV too. One is a Vu+ Ultimo and the other a Gigablue i forget the model. I really don’t know what could be stopping the connection. I made sure web safe was off too as I heard VM sometimes turn it back on at random.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few weeks back my lines stopped working. Turned out my line provider locked the lines down to my IP address. Eventually we sorted it not to lock the external ip from the router, and locked it to the oscam setup instead. Since then no issues. This was his response to me - i have oscam now locked to one ip address but the ip not specified.

I might just have to ask them if that’s possible then. Tried a router reboot and it’s made no difference. Genuinely stumped here.

That said. I’ve just tried 1-5, and the boxes don’t seem to be getting these channels. But I don’t think it’s a fault with the cabling because 1) the router is on a splitter with one of the boxes and 2) the official box works on the other feed coming into the house. Bizarre.

Trying an automatic scan on the ultimo and it isn’t picking anything up on the cable tuner. [emoji45]

Last edited:
Since managed to scan channels in on both boxes, still got no channels clearing. Neither are getting 1-5 SD either so it’s obviously something to do with the virgin side but I have no idea what. Can’t be the splitter on one end I wouldn’t have thought as the router is fine, tried the router on the unsplit feed and that’s fine too. Is there anything else I can do? I doubt the cable tuner on both boxes would’ve decided to pack in at the exact same minute.

Sounds like youve pretty much checked all the obvious things with cables and splitters etc maybe try a different ned id or summert ?

That was my next guess. I live in Doncaster but I’ve been using Barnsley 3 ever since I started using cable boxes and it’s always worked. They don’t change at random (or seemingly at random) do they?

try running the box direst off the in feed with no splitter,
at least that way you will find out if 1-5 sd are clearing

Only ever used on net id in 0008 but have heard of other areas With bordering towns to change but this dont happen very often only when theres a large upgrade in the neighbouring net id

That one is working with the official virgin box so I know the feed is fine (can’t try it atm or there’d be hell on, will give that a try when everyone is asleep), it has to be something on the box(es). But like I say both packed in at the same time which is either a ******* massive coincidence and stroke of bad luck or it’s something far from obvious.

Only ever used on net id in 0008 but have heard of other areas With bordering towns to change but this dont happen very often only when theres a large upgrade in the neighbouring net id

Interesting. I’ll have to have a look at the list. Tried the other Barnsley ones and none of them work for me.

9b30508d0e8dcce657b2993ea4fefde9.jpg
Just tried the net ID on my official box and this is the error it gave when I did an ABM scan. So that made no difference [emoji23]

Yeah dont think your net id has changed usually if major upgrades are taking place in your area they usually inform everyone by letter and account emails etc

Back