Lines..

now I know there's a thread where you can request lines, but I'm after advice and pointers before I consider buying.
I'll be looking for a ps for my Gigablue on Euro sats, cable and maybe as a bonus uk. (I know)
So advice on buying..
The price online varies so much, from £20 a year to nearly £100 a year.
So is it like most things in life, buy cheap buy twice?
How much should I be looking to pay (roughly) for the above for a good reliable server? (12 months)
Also any pointers on how to avoid getting ripped off? No good paying for 12 months only for it to go off after 3 months.
There are hundreds of websites, sellers who all sound amazing, they are all the best...apparently
I'm sure they could make a dog turd sound appealing :)
I obviously know to stay clear of signing up with someone who's been on the forum for 2 mintutes, but any other pointers would be welcome.
Thanks.

The only real way of doing it is to get loads of test lines and make your own mind up.
The first line I ever had was quite hit and miss so after 6 months I decided to get new one, I must have had 12 test lines varying in price from £30 to £100 per year for cable some were ok some were great (what you need to remember is no one is going to send you a crap test line as nobody is going to spend hard earned with them)
In the end I went for one at £60 per year which went up to £65 last year and is due to be renewed in about a month, he said he wasn't a reseller and I think he is right as I get very little freezing etc although I have a £200 box with good quality cables, splitter, ethernet etc which all helps with picture quality.
Unfortunately there is no exact science to this just a bit of common sense, don't pay pennies for your line, stick to the advice on the line request thread on TK.
Most people on here will have been stung at least once when buying a line (even if they won't admit it)

So are test lines fairly consistent with the actual server?
It's the cynic in me that as you said no one is going to give you a crap test line, but they could send you a great test line and then when you sign up put you on a different server. Does that even happen?
Ta.

So are test lines fairly consistent with the actual server?
It's the cynic in me that as you said no one is going to give you a crap test line, but they could send you a great test line and then when you sign up put you on a different server. Does that even happen?
Ta.
Absolutely anything is possible in this game, with the use of DNS you could literally swap the line from server to server so there is no real way of verifying anything. Best to try 1 month at a time and build trust in your provider, unfortunately a lot of crooks operate in the request section so tread carefully.

Thanks.
Might be a good idea paying for 1-3 months like you say, build up the trust.
I'm guessing buying off professional looking websites is the same mine field, crooks are very good at making things seem professional and above board.

I previously had a uk line that was 30£ a year,
totally flawless, if you count maybe glitching half a dozen times a year as flawless,
had it from nag2 ended until it ran out in July, I really couldnt fault it , but unfortunately he doesnt do eurosubs, so now Im with someone different, and, so far, its been fine.
I suppose Ive been lucky maybe.

Thanks.
Might be a good idea paying for 1-3 months like you say, build up the trust.
I'm guessing buying off professional looking websites is the same mine field, crooks are very good at making things seem professional and above board.
Yes I'd stay away from any websites, try the request section on here, less advertised providers will be around longer than any online shop or website.
Everyone has a story about being ripped off, take it slowly

Back