List of scam ebay server sellers

Does anyone know if a list is maintained on this forum of scam server sellers on Ebay? I've noticed that most of the Ebay gift sellers offer 6-12 month warranties but then Ebay's protection policies only cover you for 60 days so those warranties are a bit pointless.

If a list like this doesn't exist then it may be a good idea to start one, if only to give these scammers a public kick up the arse and avoid more people wasting their money.

My response to that will be stay off eBay when it comes to satellite boxes and only buy from reputable dealers. You get what you pay for if your box is from eBay.

I agree with you but it's unfortunate that a lot of people seem to learn that lesson the hard way and just end up lining the pockets of con artists.

not doing research before you buy you should come across many posts stating dont buy box and gift together and also to keep away from skybox,but they know better.

not doing research before you buy you should come across many posts stating dont buy box and gift together and also to keep away from skybox,but they know better.

I stayed clear of all of those things but still got ripped off. Its not always that simple sadly.

We have all been in the same boat as sometime just use recommends you should be ok then (y) dont be fooled by free 24hr tests also they proove nothing! go for a month first then you will get a proper test of the servers quality!! its worth paying for a month first rather than beeing stuck with rubbish/no service for 12mths.

Last edited:
We have all been in the same boat as sometime just use recommends you should be ok then (y) dont be fooled by free 24hr tests also they proove nothing! go for a month first then you will get a proper test of the servers quality!! its worth paying for a month first rather than beeing stuck with rubbish/no service for 12mths.

The problem often doesn't seem to be with quality though. The problem is with thieving ******* sellers who sell prepaid subscriptions and then cut them off once the customer has no way to claim the money back.

I have only ever bought my channel subscription from ebay had a couple of shitty ones but for the last 4 month been spot on, I only pay for the month though seems like a hell of risk buying for longer. What seems to be everyone's problem with Skybox?

Would that be because the server you promote doesn,t do free tests?.Explain to me why a short test proves nothing?and a month test proves everything?On your posts you seem to be misleading ppl for your own means?

Must agree with the 24hr test comment, lets face it, you get a free test, probably
watch the t.v. in the region of 2 - 4 hrs in the test period.

You can't really assess whether they are any good or not
in that time.

Lets say there is a big footy match on that everyone is watching, they may appear
to be glitchy, or vice versa, bugger all on, perfect service but when you come to watch something
at a busy time the service might be crap.

I have always took out a months sub from day one, then extended for longer periods
when I know the service is ok.

But back on topic, server details can't be discussed in an open forum for obvious reasons
so there can't be any list.

So if they are good,bad or ugly it doesn't matter.

Take a "recommendation" is the best advise.

Last edited:
I really have no idea what a 24 hour test line is supposed to prove, apart from seperate the truely awful servers from the rest (unless tactically taken out on a certain day for a certain channel/programme).

Everyone knows the best servers are those which dont glitch at peak periods, such as popular football games. A month is the way to go, after 30 days you will know how good the server is, whether it has glithced too often your liking, or whether it has been more or less perfect during that time. Then decide to pay for 6mths or a year or quarterly etc.

Then ask for a test at peak time simples.1hr should do it.Otherwise just go for a month as you say.

Last edited:
Then ask for a test at peak time simples.1hr should do it.Otherwise just go for a month as you say.

I think people may be missing the point. The issue isn't with poor quality networks as much as it is with people selling prepaid accounts and then cutting them off as soon as the buyer has no way to get their money back.

I agree test lines arent representative of the service you may end up with later. But id say a £20 punt on a 6month recommended server is a good start. I bought 20x year lines off a server that was great and after 3 months glitching like mad. Im having to take a hit because of feeling guilty. Now on im doing 6 months.

Quality costs money.
Dont be surprised when u get ripped off on ebay buying 12mth lines for £20-25. Considering seller has to pay paypal and ebay fees too.

I think people may be missing the point. The issue isn't with poor quality networks as much as it is with people selling prepaid accounts and then cutting them off as soon as the buyer has no way to get their money back.
Then they are dealing with the wrong person.Ppl get solid recommendations if they did there homework but still dont listen and want to save a tenner or 2.

Last edited:
Back