Liverpool to Seville

jameopike

Hi guys, I want to go to Seville from Liverpool / Manchester but there are no direct flights. Nearest airport to Seville is Malaga or get a stop over flight from London.

Has anyone been to Seville from north of Birmingham and can you advise how you got there?

Lived in Spain last 15 years. Have never stopped but have driven through Seville a few times on way to Portugal.
Imagine serious London rush hour traffic on speed. Bus services are ok, so if you can go Malaga to Seville easily, great but you expose yourself to buying the right tickets, finding the bus in what will be a busy station, finding your Hotel from Seville's bus station etc. You may not be saving money.
Personally, I'd fly direct to Seville, find Taxi rank and tell them your Hotel.
Word of warning. I've bought tickets for Spanish buses on internet from official site only to find others in my seats when getting on and the seats sold twice over. And trust me, you will be wrong and they will be right.

It's not about saving money, I'm not able to fly direct from any north airport to Seville. I'll go for the change of flight and fly direct to Seville. Thanks John

Not trying to put a downer on it. Their Bus stations can be chaos, especially if you don't speak the lingo. Having said that, it is very cheap. I frequently go to Granada (well worth a long weekend) and I do take the bus. One hour and a half, maybe 2 hours sometimes - 9 euros but the first couple of times I did it. I needed to get a Spanish friend on the phone to talk to the info desk for me.
Airports and Taxis are much easier and less stressful. Who needs stress when looking for pleasure?
Your prob will be killing time between flights.
But that may be preferable to the bus station experience.

Thanks John, I'm hoping she changes her mind and picks somewhere else.
There's a thing I can't describe properly about Spain.
If you are there for tourism. OK, it's hot a lot. The charm is to go out at night. Be prepared for a 3am bed time.
In a Town, just wander about. Go in places that look terrible from outside. In most places you will be welcomed and looked after.
Most Spanish don't eat till 10pm in the evening.
We have had more good experiences than bad. Most places are family run and Dad will take your order and his Daughter will bring it.
Sometimes his mistress, sometimes his second Cousin, sometimes the local hooker. But it will come.
Enjoy yourself.

Lol my "And Her" is a Sharon as well.
Just for fun, let me know how it goes.
Moving to UK on 13th Sep.
If it is busy.....it's probably a good place to be. Very true in Spain as there are a lot of choices.
Have fun.

Back