1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LNB loop out

Discussion in 'Zgemma H9S - 4K' started by funtime26, Sep 23, 2018.

1. funtime26

funtime26 Registered

Kinda bought this budget box as wanted 4K but needed to loop through to my existing Vu+.
    Tried but getting nothing out off the LNB loop through on the H9S when box in Standby or any other state for that matter.
    Anyone managed to get the Loop through working?
    Want both receivers to be able drive my USALS when in use rather than twin LNB solution.
    Thanks in advance [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  2. siilver

siilver TK Veteran

is the vu+ single sat or double
    if your watching something on the single sat on the vu+ you wont get much on the zgemma
    as it is using the lmb

better running new cable

3. funtime26

funtime26 Registered

Not a problem only me in the house so one receiver at a time :)
    Have terrestrial T2 tuner and second LNB on fixed 28.2E on Vu+.
    But want to share usals dish with both receivers. If I can't get Loop out to work I will likely use DiSeqC switches to choose which receiver.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  4. siilver

siilver TK Veteran

You’ll need to turn the box to standby or turn it to some other source

How is the tuner setup on the zgemma setup

5. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

My thinking only 1 box to control the motor

6. funtime26

funtime26 Registered

No output to LNB loop out when H9S in standby. I do have DiSEqc switch on the Zgemma LNB receiver I/P which chooses fixed 30W or USALS dish very well. Got me thinking now....will try without DiSEqc switch as obviously when in standby be no DiSEqc commands/toneburt from Zgemma to choose DiSEqc switch port but thought these would work through Zgemma from Vu+ on loopthrough?. I'll try without the DiSEqc switch on ZGemma and report back.
    Hope that makes sense!

7. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

When you move sat on one receiver will it confuse second box as not on that sat?

8. funtime26

funtime26 Registered

Not at all....used Azbox with loop out to Vu+ previously no issue. The DiSEqc commands are position specific so the dish doesn't need to "know" where it is.

cactikid likes this.
  9. funtime26

funtime26 Registered

Got round it with 2 back to back cheap Chinese DiSEqc switches for less than a fiver....one switch chooses the receiver A & B the other C & D either USALS or fixed 30W dish. Can now control both via my ZGemma or Vu+ whist sat on my sofa...perfect :D
    Would have been easier if the LNB loop through worked though which it didn't even when connected directly to a fixed dish. But where there's a will there's a way ;)

Willo3092 likes this.