login to server problems

its a shame this didnt work for me - after days of searching the net for a fix, i thought i saw light at the end of the tunnel lol

thing with my VM internet is that it use to work perfectly fine until about a week ago I had to change the N line - since then its just never been the same, all i done was entered a new N line and took out the old one, exactly the same way I had done it in the past.

I have even tried various test lines from other providers and same problem, only get fta channels

hii guys!
im a little confused, as my box was playing up too,on my virgin superhub2, i'm using wooshbuild openatv, and when i go menu--setup--system--network---device setup---adapter settings,,,, use interface is yes, use dhcp is yes,,, primary dns is 192.168.0.6 secondry dns is 0,0,0,0
what do i need to change and to what please??
my zgemma keeps stopping my channels from clearing, but my skybox on the same router works fine!! 9and yes i got multiple line purchase,and it was ok for 2months bt now playing up so im sure its the same problem others are having, but i dont want to change primary dns as im sure virgin only allow 198.168.^^^.^^^. as when i go into router settings to port forward the 192.168 cannot be changed!!
thanks for any help

> In Ethernet settings or wireless settings depending on what connection your using.
> just switch dhcp off and then change the DNS primary and alternate. Google primary is 008.008.008.008 or 8.8.8.8. Alternate is 008.008.008.004.004 Or 8.8.4.4. Save it and restart box. If its still off try restart router and box or use a different dns

If that doesn't work I've had a few work with the Google dns and open dns

Google DNS

Preferred: 8.8.8.8
Alternate: 8.8.4.4

OpenDNS

Preferred: 208.67.222.222
Alternate: 208.67.220.220

hi whitworth, thanks for response, i did as you said i changed primary dns, not option for secondry dns!!, i clicked save and got onscreen message about its changing network, picture froze foe 2 seconds then worked fine, (i was told on other thread, to then turn on dchp,and save!!)do i have to then turn dchp back on and save again?? because i did this, but then the dns is again 192.169.0.6!!
thanks

p.s can i add this problem has only started to happen about 2 weeks ago, it seems virgin have updated the superhub software,and this has caused a problem with my zgemma 2s, but has had no effect on my skybox 5s, both on the same superhub connected by ethenet cables!

Last edited:
No you need to turn it off. And just change the dns preferred and if you can the alternate.

Yes it's a weird one I know I've had the same problem with a few boxes. This doesn't work for them all but the majority come straight back on and seems to be somthing to do with vm and the line provider from what I've looked into

thanks again!
seems to be ok now but will love to know what virgin have up their sleeves!! they are certainly up to something

No you need to turn it off. And just change the dns preferred and if you can the alternate.

Yes it's a weird one I know I've had the same problem with a few boxes. This doesn't work for them all but the majority come straight back on and seems to be somthing to do with vm and the line provider from what I've looked into

hi again whitworth
thanks for all your help

what you have said makes sense except,i have the same line for skybox f5s and zgemma 2s, and its only the zgemma that got the problem! , so it seems something on the 2s (whoosbuild i got)stops the line with dhcp enabled
not tried other build,but wondered what builds (whoos,sucmsee,etc)others with the 2s box have server problems?

am not too sure on other images the only image i had the dns problem with was sucmsee image, but saying that i had 1 problem with an openbox dns. i dont know where the problem lies because it all Contradicts itself.

hi again whitworth
thanks for all your help

what you have said makes sense except,i have the same line for skybox f5s and zgemma 2s, and its only the zgemma that got the problem! , so it seems something on the 2s (whoosbuild i got)stops the line with dhcp enabled
not tried other build,but wondered what builds (whoos,sucmsee,etc)others with the 2s box have server problems?

Hello I am completely baffled here's the story, so had the vermin superhub 2ac for about a year, bought a H2h box with virmin & sly line off same provider everything 100% and that was about 5-6month ago i got the lines. Fancied an upgrade to the new superhub 3 so had no internet for about 2weeks then today superhub 3 arrived set it up, set up my H2H box again with the same active sly & vermin line. The issue is my sly line is 100% and has a little green circle to say the line is active but the vermin one has a red circle to say it is not, tried everything possible even had a few sly test lines they seem to be working perfectly got a handfull of virmin lines but when i put them on nothing just a red dote to say not active am i missing something or has vermin put a block on vermin lines/gifts with the new superhub3 it has baffled me and even my provider as he said your virmin line is ok at his end but is showing as red on my end i have a feeling its to do with vermin any suggestions welcome!!

Hello yes whats really confusing is received a few test lines last night and they worked great but the gifts i currently have are still showing as red but they are active. so took my box down to a friends who has the hub 2ac the one i used to have before i upgraded the the hub 3 so went down set it up and it worked on his hub 2ac even the lines that were showing red came up as green so i took my box back up to my house which has the hub 3 plugged it in still showing as inactive (red) but heres the confusing part the test lines i took out last night are working !!

I am having same issue and not IT competent - how do I actually change the DNS settings?
I have managed to switch off DCHP on router but come stuck on the rest to get up primary and secondary as...... please can someone post an idots instruction step by step

on your remote press Menu, setup, system, network, device setup, adapter settings then ull see (use DHCP) switch to no, then press blue button then change to google dns 8.8.8.8 and the other one change to 8.8.4.4 hope this helps !!

on your remote press Menu, setup, system, network, device setup, adapter settings then ull see (use DHCP) switch to no, then press blue button then change to google dns 8.8.8.8 and the other one change to 8.8.4.4 hope this helps !!

How do I change to google dns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any experience of Zgemma Open ATv running on SSE Technicolour router? I have just changed from ADSL to fibre and have lost all the sky channels. The box is being recognised by the router and is saying the internet connection is ready to use. I have deleted the cline and then ftp'd it back into the folder. I have switched off dhcp and amended the primary and secondary dns, channel scanned, run auto ABM and manual ABM and rebooted the router and box several times to no avail. Anyone got any experience or suggestions it was working fine until the router change.

Back