1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for advice on a new box that will run Virmin

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by ChopAxepiece, May 18, 2017.

1. ChopAxepiece

ChopAxepiece Member

Hey guys,

as the title says im looking for advice on a anew box seen as though sly are blacking out channels etc and no fix looks likely in the near future from what i have read.

I'm currently using an H2s box and its been perfect since i bought it...

I've been told to try a H2H box but would like a second opinion on what to look for etc

Thanks

2. ste

ste Forum Supporter

H2.H is ok if you're not bothered about being able to record a different channel but if you want to watch 1 cable channel and watch another, go for the H5.2TC

ChopAxepiece likes this.
  3. sad ken

sad ken Member

V8 golden is about £40 and works perfectly.

4. ChopAxepiece

ChopAxepiece Member

Recording isnt really an issue...we usually watch it as and when its on rather than record programmes etc
    I'll look into that box. Thanks

5. ChopAxepiece

ChopAxepiece Member

Not a fan of cheap and cheerful...prefer middle of the road :)

6. ste

ste Forum Supporter

Isn't an Enigma 2 box though (the v8 golden) so wont have the s*y look / epg also doesn't work if you have a VM superhub 3.

7. sad ken

sad ken Member

Ive had no problems with them perfect pic and all in HD :thumbsup:

8. ste

ste Forum Supporter

I never said you had a problem with them or said they're not good - I have one but it isn't an enigma 2 receiver is all i'm saying - it has it's own user interface and no channels lists and poor support from the manufacturers but it's still a decent box - I use mine for my motorised dish although as said, it wouldn't work with a VM superhub 3.

9. ChopAxepiece

ChopAxepiece Member

Yea i got a superhub 3.0...I'll probably edge towards the H2H just for a trail run and if its good think about upgrading to a VU+ is it?

10. sad ken

sad ken Member

Very poor from the makers...your spot on there....took me ages to get decent firmware. :thumbsup:

11. ChopAxepiece

ChopAxepiece Member

Is this the cheaper option V8 box or the H"H or H5.2?

12. sad ken

sad ken Member

13. ste

ste Forum Supporter

The V8 Golden is the cheaper option as the man says but no good if you have a Superhub 3 and if you want the full functionality (full s*y / VM interface with epg etc.) then an enigma 2 receiver like the H2.H is the one to go for.

ChopAxepiece likes this.
  14. Doran754

Doran754 Member

Please tell me the H5.2TC will work with SuperHub 3.0 ._. I knew I should've never upgraded lol

15. ste

ste Forum Supporter

It should do, i've used a Star-2S and a H2.S with a SH3 with no problems so can't see it being any different with this new box.

Doran754 likes this.
  16. sad ken

sad ken Member

Weve got a v8 golden running with a virgin 3.0 hub.....no problems.

17. ste

ste Forum Supporter

You must be one of the only ones then because as soon as I loaded the softcam onto mine, the internet crashed - it's a known issue... check the v8 Golden thread.

18. sad ken

sad ken Member

Send virgin a request to put ipv4....all sorted

bangord30 likes this.
  19. ste

ste Forum Supporter

I'm guessing this is what you had to do to get it working then? ... sounds promising.

20. sad ken

sad ken Member

The only way it would bud thanks for your earlier posts....been sweating all day. :thumbsup:

21. ste

ste Forum Supporter

So, does ipv6 come on the SH3 as standard and the solution is the revert back to ipv4? ... if it's as easy as that, i'll plug my SH3 back in :)

Can I do it myself manually via logging into the hub or will I need to call them and get them to change it at their end and if so, what reason could I possibly give :/