Looking into buying a H.2H...advice please

ohwell88

Hi guys.

Looking at investing in one of these and going down the cable route but would like some pointers before doing so.

I've looked into setting it up already with the spliter and coax cables but what are the best ones to buy?

I'm currently running on VM BB on the super hub 3 would this effect anything going forward?

Lastly the most important one of all how/where would I find a good reliable line provider? Of course you get what you pay for so don't mind paying that little bit extra for a good working line.

Any more tips and pointers very much appreciated.

If you take a look at the 2 links in my sig below, you'll find a wealth of information which should answer most, if not all of your questions.

In regards to lines, there's a thread on here to request lines lines. The best advice I can give is to first find a supplier that offer monthly / 3 monthly / 6 monthly / yearly lines - when you've got the box all setup and are ready for a line, try a few tests from different suppliers then once you've found one you're happy with, pay for a month with them and see how it performs over the longer period - if it's still good and you're happy with it after this, go for longer if you wish or, if it's gone bad then you've not lost as much.

FYI UK and Ireland line are different so make sure you state where you're from in the request... also, ask for a line to use with mgcamd.

If you take a look at the 2 links in my sig below, you'll find a wealth of information which should answer most, if not all of your questions.

In regards to lines, there's a thread on here to request lines lines. The best advice I can give is to first find a supplier that offer monthly / 3 monthly / 6 monthly / yearly lines - when you've got the box all setup and are ready for a line, try a few tests from different suppliers then once you've found one you're happy with, pay for a month with them and see how it performs over the longer period - if it's still good and you're happy with it after this, go for longer if you wish or, if it's gone bad then you've not lost as much.

FYI UK and Ireland line are different so make sure you state where you're from in the request... also, ask for a line to use with mgcamd.

Just read through both and it doesn't seem that difficult at all. :)

The one question that doesn't seem to be answered is the super hub 3 one? I've read people have had issues with channels clearing using the super hub 3 is this the case or am I worrying too much...haha.

Thanks again.

Just read through both and it doesn't seem that difficult at all. :)

The one question that doesn't seem to be answered is the super hub 3 one? I've read people have had issues with channels clearing using the super hub 3 is this the case or am I worrying too much...haha.

Thanks again.

There's a compatibility issue with the V8 Golden receiver and the Superhub 3 ... apart from that, I don't know of anything else but as for the zgemma range, I don't believe there's any compatibility issues - i've certainly not encountered any anyway :)

There's a compatibility issue with the V8 Golden receiver and the Superhub 3 ... apart from that, I don't know of anything else but as for the zgemma range, I don't believe there's any compatibility issues - i've certainly not encountered any anyway :)

You're a star thanks.

Think I'm going to go for it and hopefully I don't blow myself up haha

Don't suppose you could recommend where I could buy the webro cables in a pack/pre made without having to mess with anything? As I'd need probably a 5m one going from the box to the splitter then another shorter 1m one going from the router to the splitter due to my router being the other side of the room from the TV. Even better if you know who sells the 2 cables, the splitter and RF connector all in one go to save time and effort that would be appreciated :)

Thanks.

All together, afraid not.

Cables > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIRGIN-ME...hash=item35c20766be:m:m7vWKjqxztiMkWgD4KOf-bg
F to RF adapter > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/F-Type-Sc...469445&hash=item2eb3c5aafa:g:QWsAAOSw1BlZP~5~

The splitters come up on eBay frequently although I can't seem to find the right frequency ones at the moment... there's a guy on here called simba92 who sells them though > http://www.techkings.org/threads/technetix-tratec-2-way-and-3-way-splitters.130700/

Yeah thought getting them all in one pack would be to good to be true for impatient folk like me haha

Thanks once more you've been a big help :)

Single sat tuner with twin cable tuner, and only need one cable going to the cable side of the box, but still acts as twin tuner...

Very nice think I will go with that one :)

Just need something better than the i55 I'm using at the moment for IPTV as it's not that great and only just found out if you have virgin BB and a better box I can get cable so going to give that a go instead.

Back