loss of channels, epg issue?

simba

Ive had a read through the 1st 5 pages of the forum to see if anybody has already answered my query but i cant find anything, so here goes...
Set my new zgemma h.2s box up today and flashed it with wooshmans excellent latest build. I added my existing line which i was previously using on an openbox v8s and everything was perfect,, well for a couple of hours anyway until i tried to change channel and only had choice of about 5? also had a error(16) message that read something like creating hardlink to timeshift failed! filesystem on your timneshift-device does not support hardlinks. make sure formatted in ext2 or ext3! I had recordings set and previously recoreded programs - dont know if it would be anything to do with this?
any help is appreciated,
thanks simba

Thanks wooshman, I copied all the steps on your guide and initialised my usb device which is a 500gb external hdd. Would doing the following help - Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices > Convert ext3 filesystem to ext4

or Blue > Harddisk > Convert ext3 to ext4 as somebody posted it worked for them in your link. also i formatted my usb stick that i used to flash but didnt format the brand new 500gb external hdd i am using for recording epg etc - could this cause the issue?
Thanks

If the new 500gb drive was initialised there shouldn't be an issue, but there is, so yes, convert to ext4.

I wonder if there is a drive limit with ext3? I am not a linux guy so have no idea. But converting to ext4 can do no harm. It may take a while though. Don't do it when Eastenders is on lol

Make sure that you actually have chosen the time shift folder on hard drive and not the root directory, this is exactly what happens if you don't choose timeshift folder

Setup-->Recordings and timeshift-->timeshift settings-->timeshift location it should be media/hdd/timeshift

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back