Lost all cable channels but bbc 1-5 still working.

Kingmarth

Hi there,

I have lost all channels apart from bbc1 to channel 5, my provider said everything should be online.
I am getting black screen on sky movies and cartoon netwook, MTV.
The zgemma 5tc box was working fine yesterday with grog build.
I flashed my box few days with the latest grogbuild, not sure what it is.

king

Get another test line in the request section and see if that works,If so its the provider otherwise connection issue

it sounds like it's not connecting to your providers server, this could be because your cam has stopped running for some reason. try menu -> infopanel -> softcam panel -> green button

If that doesn't fix it, hold power button on remote until menu appears and then select 'deep standby', now reboot your router and when it is back online turn the box back on/

it sounds like it's not connecting to your providers server, this could be because your cam has stopped running for some reason. try menu -> infopanel -> softcam panel -> green button

If that doesn't fix it, hold power button on remote until menu appears and then select 'deep standby', now reboot your router and when it is back online turn the box back on/

I tried that but still no luck with the sky channels, softcam changed from imgcm to oscram cam but still the same black screen.
Both were working yesterday.

I'll do reflash later, with a test line.

I wouldn't bother reflashing if you've recently flashed the new grogbuild, just try another test line and see what happens

I tried that but still no luck with the sky channels, softcam changed from imgcm to oscram cam but still the same black screen.
Both were working yesterday.

I'll do reflash later, with a test line.

did you convert the connection to Oscam format before using that cam?

Looks like a problem with my current provider. Emailed him with the problem.
I just used a test line and all working fine.
No. i am not cut off because getting bbc 1 -2 and channel 5 from VM.
I am sly customer with broadband.

I have applied all the current fixes to my box, all n/c line correctly inputted in the newcamd and oscam_atv.

Going to see what my current provider does.

Regards,

King

Same thing happened to mine. Got two lines, one at my house and one at my brothers. Mine is working fine but his suddenly kept losing channels last night to the point where he only had channel 1 to 5

Virgin upgraded his broadband to 100mbps yesterday so I was wondering if this could have changed some settings?

Who are your lines with and what was the fix?

no one's allowed to name providers here

if your line is ok and his isn't, it's not going to be a server/provider issue, he's obviously got a different setup than you.

he'll need to check splitters and cables also check his softcam is still running and maybe update/reflash his box

no one's allowed to name providers here

if your line is ok and his isn't, it's not going to be a server/provider issue, he's obviously got a different setup than you.

he'll need to check splitters and cables also check his softcam is still running and maybe update/reflash his box
Can't see it being splitters or cables given that it was working fine, then sports went off, then movies etc to the point where he only had 1-5. If it was splitter/cable related then it would all have just suddenly gone off at once. It sounds more like a line/provider issue to me

Can't see it being splitters or cables given that it was working fine, then sports went off, then movies etc to the point where he only had 1-5. If it was splitter/cable related then it would all have just suddenly gone off at once. It sounds more like a line/provider issue to me

but your both connected to the same provider! - if his sports and movies disappear so do yours, if his Discovery Shed is freezing/glitching then so is yours.

If one is and one isn't, it shows there's nothing wrong at the provider end because you're still getting everything ok.

swap lines if you don't believe me and you'll be able to receive everything you get now through his line and he won't get anything through yours

cables and splitters etc can effect different frequencies in different ways

you know a while back i messaged one of my providers and said all my channels had gone dark and he replied back saying all is up on his end and cant see anything wrong with it, I said well still nothing working here, he sent me a screenshot of the panel that my line is off and it turned out somehow the port had changed on the line on the panel so I just changed it to the the new port and all was good again. Can be loads of different reasons sometimes these channels stop working.

This happened to me earlier in week and I thought my line had run out. Provider confirmed still active and only way I got to work was to do a fresh install and everything was fine until now. Same again all pay channels gone only 1 to 5? Has anyone sussed this out before I do another install which may only last a few days again. VU duo 2 running Openvix.

Thanks

This happened to me earlier in week and I thought my line had run out. Provider confirmed still active and only way I got to work was to do a fresh install and everything was fine until now. Same again all pay channels gone only 1 to 5? Has anyone sussed this out before I do another install which may only last a few days again. VU duo 2 running Openvix.

Thanks

have you restarted the softcam?
have you checked your power signals in the router?

Its very unlikely to be signal issues if all free channels 1-5 are ok, and reflashing of boxes should not need to be done either.

Try network tests first,if all ok its likely to be cam configuration problems on client side or server changes/issues

Its very unlikely to be signal issues if all free channels 1-5 are ok, and reflashing of boxes should not need to be done either.

Try network tests first,if all ok its likely to be cam configuration problems on client side or server changes/issues

Hi mate, how do I check for these?

Back