lost channels

mickyquad

hi all , i scanned for the channels that has moved on sky , when it finished all sky moves are no longer in my channel list ?? any ideas guys , thanks? , ps. i anit very tech either ;lol

did you run a full scan on that sat 28.2 which will replace your all list ,running a abm scan will replace
moved/lost in your bouquets.

I did scan but still cant get movies, only movie channel I get is showcase. tried to scan freq 11934 v. it found no channels. the bars under which are green and blue where very low.

yes mate did a full scan only movies showing up is HD channels, all other channels are fine , i also used 11934 v, unlikedavesat it found all channels tho, but just lost movie boquets

---------- Post Merged at 11:38 AM ----------

how do u run a abm scan mate

they will be in last scan folder bottom of channel list if you have not got abm set up

Last edited:
how do i get to the "last scan bottom of channel list", sorry for being thick lol

---------- Post Merged at 12:00 PM ----------

all i get in channel list is last search at the bottom am i looking in wrong place ?

its empty mate , i will rescan and see if it goes in there then,

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 PM ----------

when i scan do i put "yes" to clear channels?

yes mate 28.2 , 11934 v , 5/6 , and i did put yes to clear

---------- Post Merged at 01:41 PM ----------

new scan is only finding the missing movie channels but not adding them to channel list !? any more ideas guys before i throw it through the window ;-[

have a look HOW TO REPLACE A CHANNEL AFTER TP CHANGE.

This is based on replacing ESPN HD to AJ's channel list (25-7-13) after a transponder change from 12324V to 11585H.

Press Menu button -> Installation -> TP list.
(If TP list is greyed out, select "satellite list". Press OK to place tick next to line of the satellite you want to scan. Press Exit).
Select TP to scan.
Press OK. Press OK again to confirm.
When search has finished, press OK to confirm ("yes" Search End).
Press Exit twice to get back to Menu.
Select "Edit Channel" Menu.
Select "Channel Edit".
Scroll to old $ESPN HD channel (0157).
Press OK to select it.
Press RIGHT triangle on remote, then scroll down to X (delete).
Press OK to delete channel.
Scroll down list to new $ESPN HD channel (0595).
Press OK to select it.
Press RIGHT triangle on remote to highlight "MOVE".
Press OK.
Use PG+ & PG- or UP & DOWN triangles on remote to move channel back to position 0157.
Press OK.
Press Exit.
Press OK to confirm changes.
Select "Favorites Edit".
Press "Fav" button on remote.
Scroll to "Sports".
Press OK.
Scroll to 0157 $ESPN HD on left hand "All Satellite" list.
Press OK to tick it.
Press RIGHT triangle on remote to select + (add).
Press OK. A heart will appear next to channel & it will be added to "Sports" list.
Press Exit.
Press OK to confirm change.
dont go chucking it lol it costs ya then lol but a new channel list should sort out the lot for ya saves the hassle tbh we only used the TP scan when there was no updated lists available

Last edited:
Hi I have a similar issue to this but in that I have lost all the movie channels apart from showcase I have tried ABM scan (this puts all the channel names with EPG in movie bouquet but when click on them says tune failed) have also tried auto and man scan and just puts N/A in movie bouquet and I have nothing at all in last scan? I have also lost sky sports 2 (sky sports ashes) same issue as movie channels I am not a pro at these but I am not dumb and I am a bit confused what is going on. Any Ideas?

what are your dish levels readings,if low may miss channels on a scan,recheck you are auto scanning whole sat then you could setup abm your region and renew your bouquets.

what are your dish levels readings,if low may miss channels on a scan,recheck you are auto scanning whole sat then you could setup abm your region and renew your bouquets.

Hi I have just had my dish realigned due to bad weather when everything went off (he did say a tree may be blocking it a bit).

I am not sure how to check dish level readings if it is via sat finder then when on the movie channels that ABM puts in movie bouquet I get 0 everything but for example SSP1 it is showing 53% SNR, 58% AGC, 0 BER.

I have already changed ABM from Ireland (where I got it from) to my area Tyne SD.

Everything was working ok until it all went off even though I was suspicious of the dish not lined up due to bad weather hence why I got someone to reset it. 90% of channels back but still suffering some freezing on channels never used to get it but don't know whether I should be getting them back out or if it is an issue with the tree being partially in the way.

Back