MAG 254 - some questions

cman99

Hi guys, a newbie here. My previous supplier has stopped selling boxes/subscriptions and I'm not sure where to go for a new one. Just a few quick questions if I may..

1. I've been advised to get a new Mag 254. Is it as simple as buying a Mag 254 from Ebay and a 12 month subscription? It seems to be cheaper to get these separately rather than from the same seller.
2. If this box is constantly streaming, do we end up with several hundred gigs of data usage each month?
3. Are people (on this forum) generally guaranteed 12 months, i.e. whats to stop the service from working after 2 months and the seller going AWOL.
4. Can anyone please recommend well established sellers of the above?

Sorry if these questions are a bit idiotic.. :-(

5. Someone else suggested a zGemma but then I heard that these boxes are dish based and will stop working very soon. Is this correct?

1. Exactly that
2. Potentially yes :)
3. Nothing can prevent that, chose a seller that has excellent communications and always take a test
4. See the request thread
5. The Zgemma's are an excellent box for IPTV either with or without a dish connection (better with then you have the best of both worlds, FTA sat and IPTV. Nothing will change with these boxes in the foreseeable future.

Back