Mag 254 warning message

Sounds like they've just rebranded/labelled the boxes, but since I don't have one to look at I'm not going to make any promises on compatibility. (I'll never promise anything that I haven't tested myself)

If it does work, please let us all know here.
I'm reluctant to try in case i brick the thing. Ill see can i find out before I flash.

I have my mag 322 up and running now with the custon firmware (many thanks)
Question : is there any files for the
254w1
256w1
322w1

Revez mag device info

24fcnlv.jpg

I see no reason why that shouldn't work - it's got two separate firmware banks though, so worst case if it's a bad flash it'll switch to the other one (You can also manually pick which bank to boot from in the bootloader - it's displayed in there as NAND1 and NAND2, along with some other options that you should never pick unless you know what they do)

I see no reason why that shouldn't work - it's got two separate firmware banks though, so worst case if it's a bad flash it'll switch to the other one (You can also manually pick which bank to boot from in the bootloader - it's displayed in there as NAND1 and NAND2, along with some other options that you should never pick unless you know what they do)
Ill chance flashing one at some stage and let you know the result.
Thanks again for all the help.

I'm reluctant to try in case i brick the thing. Ill see can i find out before I flash.

infomir will sell you mags with your own branding provided you order enough of them, theyll even install your own custom firmware along the same lines.

looks like thats what th revez boxes are ;)

Just out of interest do any of guys use the buffer on your mag boxes?
Some say 0 others say 3, I've heard 15 mentioned is this something that is needed or is it done at server level ?

Just out of interest do any of guys use the buffer on your mag boxes?
Some say 0 others say 3, I've heard 15 mentioned is this something that is needed or is it done at server level ?

I have on occasion used it but it just depends on how your box is working. If you are having buffering problems then try it at different levels to see if it fixes the problem. I used 15 when trialing .

To edit the hosts file (/etc/hosts) add the following line (replace mag324 with the correct model for you):

127.0.0.1 mag324.dcbs.infomir.com
To patch stbapp, open /usr/local/share/app/stbapp in a HEX editor, search for

dcbs.infomir.com
and make ANY change to the domain name (without changing the length AT ALL)

Finally to ensure that the dls.backup will be deleted after flashing your custom firmware than add the following line to /mnt/Userfs/data/dls.backup before the line that launches stbapp:

/bin/rm /mnt/Userfs/data/dls.backup
If all the above has been done correctly, then all previously blocked portals will now be accessible again, and no future blocks will have any effect either.

so ive read and read page 9,
can i get a step by step please as tbh i dont no how to edit it, ive downloaded the files and mine a 254 am i editing thouse files or am i editing something on the mag box its self is do im not sure how.

right im guessing that you no longer need to do the editing bit now and just need to flash the box with the correct firmware?????

Back