Mag 256 Factory Reset

Hi.

How do I completely reset my Mag 256? When I follow the instructions on Infomir website "Reset to factory settings from System Recovery Utility menu", the box just boots back up into my suppliers portal so it is obviously not clearing everything. I am going to sell it on so need it wiping completely.

Can anyone help?

Bringing up System Recovery Utility menu
  1. Power off (unplug the power supply) STB.
  2. Push and hold Menu button on RC (it should be directed straight to STB).
  3. Still holdering Menu button power STB on (plug in power supply).
  4. Wait for (~10 seconds) System Recovery Utility menu.
  5. Release Menu button.
Reset to factory settings from System Recovery Utility menu
  • Enter System Recovery Utility menu;
  • Select Default Settings.
  • In the window «Resetting to defaults» select Yes.
  • At the bottom of the window, information about the reset operation performed should be displayed.
  • Go to the upper menu level by Exit.
  • Select Exit and Reboot, сonfirm with Yes.
    Note. If instead of Exit and Reboot you pressed Exit on RC, press Menu on RC to return to main utility menu.
  • STB will automatically reboot.
After resetting STB to the factory the environment variables including the bootloader settings are set to the initial value.

Last edited by a moderator:
try reflashing it
http://soft.infomir.com/mag256/release/2.20.05/

Update with USB drive
STB software can be updated with USB-drive. The required software version should be pre-downloaded and written to the USB drive.

USB-drive requirements
  1. The USB drive must have a FAT32 file system format. If there are more than one partition on the USB drive use the first one.
  2. You can use any USB connector: both rear and front.
  3. Сreate mag256 directory in the root of the USB drive.
Update from System settings menu
Updating from the System Settings menu of embedded portal allows to update STB software to the factory image.

At the PC (preparation the USB-drive)

1. Download imageupdate file from manufacture's server. To get address of imageupdate file with last factory STB SW:
    • Go to Settings ⇒ System settings Sofware update
    • Set option Update method = HTTP.
    • Address of imageupdate file with last SW version located is displayed in option URL.
  2. Put imageupdate file in the USB-drive directory mag256.
At the STB

1. Insert prepared USB drive in STB slot.
  2. Open System settingsSoftware update.
  3. In the Software update window set Update method = USB. You can see two new strings:
    1. Disk - name of USB-drive;
    2. Path - Path to update file on the USB-drive.
  4. Select Verify (OK) to make sure that the STB has detected the imageupdate file.
  5. If the file is detected and readable successfuly you'll see Software Update window.
  6. In the Software Update window are descriptions of the software versions: the Current version (operating in STB) and New version (available on USB drive).
  7. Determine the need for update comparing Current and New versions.
  8. To reject the update click Cancel in the Software Update window.
  9. To begin the update click Update (F1) in the Software Update window.
  10. Wait until the update process is complete. The status of the software update is displayed by progress bar and comments.
  11. When the software is updated the STB will automatically reboot.
Update from System Recovery Utility menu with USB-drive
System Recovery Utility menu is launched at the STB booting stage. This type of update allows to update STB sowtware to public or factory image.

At the PC (preparation the USB-drive)

At the STB

1. Connect prepared USB-drive to STB.
  2. Enter the System Recovery Utility menu;
  3. Select Upgrade Tools ⇒ Upgrade Software ⇒ Using USB Yes;
  4. Wait until the update process is complete. The info about software update status is displayed in the bottom of screen.
  5. When the software is updated the STB will automatically reboot.

Simply just go to the inner portal and delete the portal URL?

From your account go to SETTINGS, then click on GO TO THE INNER PORTAL and click OK, then SEVERS, PORTALS then highlight the portal URL, press the KB button the remote and delete the portal URL and press enter.

Simply just go to the inner portal and delete the portal URL?

From your account go to SETTINGS, then click on GO TO THE INNER PORTAL and click OK, then SEVERS, PORTALS then highlight the portal URL, press the KB button the remote and delete the portal URL and press enter.
I’m having the same problem done all of the above but when it comes to pressing KB button nothing happens. Please help been trying all day.Les.

Can anyone help me retrieve my key board when I’m trying to enter servers portal address in myMag 256 stb.
Step 1 SETTINGS
Step 2 SERVERS
Step 3 PORTALS
Step 4 PRESSED KB ON RC TO ENTER SERVERS ADDRESS IN PORTAL 1 URL BUT KEYBOARD DOESN’T APPEAR. YET IT WORKS ON THE OTHER SETTINGS BUT NOT THE PORTALs
Thank you in anticipation.
Les.

the only things I ahve seen is the portal not even being available and most still say reset the box read this else where:

This didn't work initially despite the fact I had updated the custom firmware correctly and reset to defaults in the system menu several times. What solved it for me was to use the reset button on the back of the MAG-256. Power off and on while holding the button in until you see the front LED blink Red. Release the button and let the box reboot. The portal option should then be available.

There is a reset hole. Put a bent paperclip in it.

Still no joy Urie waited until red light blinked Portal page loads up but key board still will not show when pressing KB button.
les.

Hi Urie yes tried a wi-fi usb keyboard but that didn’t work. Don’t know if this as anything to do with it but the side bar on the Portal screen is greyed out unlike the other settings which are yellow I’m clutching at straws now Urie.

Yes I’m in the inner portal. Reflashing the box is beyond me Urie seriousl.
Les.

Attachments

• D2DBB90B-495B-4A92-A7BE-1BD2F45C4949.jpeg
    D2DBB90B-495B-4A92-A7BE-1BD2F45C4949.jpeg
    649.9 KB · Views: 5
Yes I can move up and down Urie but when I select the ok button on either Portal 1 Name or Portal1 URL the key board does not appear to type in serves address it’s when I press the key board button on the remote control nothing happens.
Les.

Did you just get this box some supliers use custom firmware to hide portal or stop you editing it I honestly think your only option is to flash the box there is tutorial on this thread.
You may even need to use no block firmware if normal flash does not solve your problem.

Back