Mag box 254

Does anyone know the best firmware to setup this box and we're to get it please thanks

You can manually update the Firmware using the remote when setting the box up. All you'll need to do is setup the Portal for your IPTV sub if that's what you intend to use it for. No need to download Firmware to flash the box via USB. Make sure you get an original "infomir" made box. There are a few clones about at the moment. I buy mine form World of Sat. Not had any problems. Give me a shout if you need any pointers.

To setup your Portal (iptv sub) Have a read here. This is not my work by the way.

– Turn off your MAG device and turn it back on again

– When you get to the ‘Loading’ image, press your ‘Set/Setup’ button on your remote. This will bring you to the ‘Inner Portal’

- Press your ‘Set/Setup’ button again. Then go to ‘Servers’

– Change “Portal URL 1” to the new portal by pressing the ‘KB’ Button and typing in your URL provided by your iptv provider

– Press the ‘KB’ button again and press ok, then you will be returned to the previous screen

- Go to ‘Reload Portal’ and press ok when prompted

When your MAG reboots it should load the portal.

Also, you'll need to forward the MAC address of your box to the provider to be added to their server. It is usually located on a sticker underneath your box.

To update the Firmware from the portal menu using http:

• Go to “System settings” by pressing «Setup», «Services» or «SET» on the remote control (depending on the version the remote control)
  • “Sofware update” - Download method… “From HTTP”.
  • “Start Update”.
  • “Verify”. If the test is successful you'll see information about the availability of new versions of software.
  • “Start update” - to begin the update.
  • After the update successful - STB must be rebooted.

Back